Helio Tribute @ UFC 94

WWE_Fighter - 
Hillary - They had, what? Two days to prep a broadcast that has everything laid out and preapproved super ahead of time?

It was good to dedicate to him and Goldie and Rogan did a good job too.

I don't think for a second the UFC is blowing it off or ignoring his contribution, they simply did what they could in a situation pressed for time.

Pressed for time??? Please.........

Are you people actualy buying this??  Or just agreeing with her cause shes a skirt??
You made yourself sound like an idiot twice with one sentence, congratulations. A. She obviously knows more about this than you and  B. Have some class and respect. C. She can kick your ass

So in summation, the person you disparaged is smarter than you and can kick your ass. Have a good night

I agree with Hillary.

Soooo....can we bone now?

I would have liked to have seen something more but Hilary makes good points.   I'm glad they did a little somethin somethin and give props to Joe & Goldie for the nice words.

i agree with the threadstarter. the UFC didn't do enough. i don't accept the idea that they didn't have enough time. they could have made an announcement from the stage, they could have done some quick-n-dirty interviews with fighters at the weigh-ins, they could have thrown up some images of him with joe doing some narration---they could have, and SHOULD have done more.

We don't even know if the family wanted them to.

WWE_Fighter -  totalwreckage: pretty bold o you to assume I didnt make anything.  So not only are you sexist and racist, but also a dumbass to boot!and hillary...... so your basicaly admitting I was right??1st you said......"I don't think for a second the UFC is blowing it off or ignoring his contribution, they simply did what they could in a situation pressed for time"then you said...."Sure, you can splice one in easy"Now im not one to hold grudges, you dont have to apologise.  Simply state that I was right and you were wrong and maybe we can be friends again.Also, why did you edit your profane and uncalled for outburst towards me??

lets see the link to your tribute? Since im a fool you should have no problem producing a link to your Helio tribute. And if you made a tribute were you too lazy to try and send your amazing triute over to hte UFC so they could throw it up with 30 seconds notice? And I would suggest to any other person further stating that the UFC didnt do enough that they too have a simple youtube tribute to helio. Since you are asking for someone else to produce one the least you can do is produce one yourself. Youtube gives you the platform. Lets see them.

yeah nevermind this thread has degenerated to nothingness

WWE_Fighter -  totalwreckage: pretty bold o you to assume I didnt make anything.  So not only are you sexist and racist, but also a dumbass to boot!

and hillary...... so your basicaly admitting I was right??

1st you said......

"I don't think for a second the UFC is blowing it off or ignoring his contribution, they simply did what they could in a situation pressed for time"

then you said....

"Sure, you can splice one in easy"

Now im not one to hold grudges, you dont have to apologise.  Simply state that I was right and you were wrong and maybe we can be friends again.

Also, why did you edit your profane and uncalled for outburst towards me??

No, I was making the point that cutting something already made in and CREATING one were two completely different things.

In order to make a decent clip honoring Helio, several things would have had to happen.

1) Videos of Helio rolling/competing. The only ones I've seen are on youtube and would either require quite a bit of red tape to get through to the owner, are two small and low-res to look good on my free, school-issued laptop let alone the jumbo trons and bigs screens showing the UFC across the country, or both. Yeah, that was a run-on sentence.

2) Pictures of Grandmaster Helio throughout his life. Again, the majority of these are, what, 300 x 500 pixels on the interwebs? The originals would, again, take forever to dig up and require licensing, checking ownership, and whatnot.

3) Interviews with his family/students/friends saying something about him. Let's see, his sons are currently scattered across North America, South America, and Europe, so that might have been a wee bit difficult.  Also, when I'm in mourning, I tend to not want to get bothered, so I doubt the family wanted much to do with cameras and publicity.

Without Helio, I wouldn't be in an amazing sport. I wouldn't travel across the country every month, I wouldn't have some of my best friends in my life, I wouldn't have ever cried over a sporting event, I wouldn't be bilingual, I would probably never have seen Brazil, and I wouldn't be the person I am today. Granted, he didn't want women in the sport but I still have utmost respect for him. Just like you, I believe something more on the part of the UFC should be done, but I don't think it was possible in two days. 

I agree evangelico just like all threads like this should, becasue if you want to say the UFC dint do enough for his memory, look in the mirror. And there is no hiding because Youtube is readily available for everyone. Or if the UFC didn't do enough you damn sure better have done at least something. Should they be praised for the tribute, no, but at the same time they dedicated the show to him, was nice and to the point. People need to start recognize and appreciating people while there living, not after they are gone. I would have much rather seen Dana invite Helio while he was living to the UFC and induct him into the hall of fame.

tt

Hell, with all the MMA related deaths since 08, maybe UFC should set up a SPIKE TV memorial show. Tt will get some rating as long as it is UFC related these days, and gains UFC much more respect in the elder fans.

Then again I don't think bussiness man from Vegas are capable for such things...

I was hoping for more also.