HELLBOY II right now....

in ward theatre now. review to follow shortly...

i dunno how you can deal with the crowd.

that shit would drive me nuts.

second that I hate the crowds

Best place to watch movies on opening night is in Kaneohe.  Just got out of the movie and I thought it was ok.  I was falling asleep at the end during the fight scene though.  I give it a 2-1/2 to 3 out of 4 stripes

^^^do you mean the koolau theatres? they are always empty..i hate crowds too...

Diken Cider -  Best place to watch movies on opening night is in Kaneohe.  Just got out of the movie and I thought it was ok.  I was falling asleep at the end during the fight scene though.  I give it a 2-1/2 to 3 out of 4 stripes

what would you rate #1 though? for reference ya know

#1 what?

2.5 stripes.

4 stripes represents to me the perfect movie--ie. doesn't exist.

3.8 or so would be like gladiator, lotr twotwrs, n such. some older movies too, but rather not get into that now....

I usually go to Ward or Dole but on opening nights I usually head to Koolau because there is no crowd.  Movie started at 9:30 tonight and we got there at 9 and wasnt even crowded. 

went to 1020 @ ward. arrived 1017. large audience, but not sold out.

i like Koko Marina for opening nights.

Diken Cider -  #1 what?

Hellboy 1 cod dammit!

Hellboy 2 was awesome. Good enough to see more than once.

I would rate one a little better then 2 only because its the first time the audience is introduced to the character.

welcome to the hg bombdotcom!

i give the movie a solid 6 out of 10. worth seeing, but its no Ironman. great effects and it had great potential. the characters were good, but most lacked any established motivation whatsoever. the plot was kinda all over the place. i think its an example of the writers trying to jam too much into one story, causing much of the storyline to go unresolved...except for the predictable fact that the bad guy loses at the end.

what? the bad guy loses at the end? fuck.

SPOILER! BAD GUY LOSES AT THE END! HE DIES!!!!!

oh no. now NOBODY can see it. i've given away the ending!

speaking of giving away movie plots...

anyone seen that old Simpsons episode where Homer is relfecting on dating Marge in high school? they show Homer and Marge in 1980s and they're just teenagers. Homer's got a full head of hair and Marge has a pony tail.

Homie takes her to see Empire Strikes Back and as they are exiting the theater he rudely and excitedly exclaims: "wow! i wouldve never expected that Darth Vader was Luke's father!"...and there's a huge line of people waiting to see the movie right where Homer shouts this. they all get really upset and start groaning cuz Homer gives the entire story away before they even step into the theater.

i thought that was a funny Simpsons moment.