Hello from my 9th week in Austin!

Haven't posted in awhile. How 'y'all' doing?!! Phone Post 3.0

Good how you doing? Phone Post 3.0

Why the move ? For the bbq ? Phone Post

How's the traffic?

Been in Austin for almost 3 years now and it gets worse every year. Was ranked number 4 in nation for most time spent in traffic. Basically I avoid going anywhere from 2-7. Then it's all good.

Also all the college students doesn't help.

Other than my pointless rant on traffic, how are you enjoying the city? Phone Post

I'm going to Austin next weekend with my wife. Her brother is doing a half Ironman.

What are the best places to go see?

Should I try Franklins BBQ while I'm out there? Worth the 3 hour wait? Phone Post 3.0

RubberFistofFury - I'm going to Austin next weekend with my wife. Her brother is doing a half Ironman.

Should I try Franklins BBQ while I'm out there? Worth the 3 hour wait? Phone Post 3.0

Go to salt lick Bar B Q it's the best place imo.

For pizza go to Homeslice.

If you want an awesome burger go to Hopdoddy it's one of my favorite places. Phone Post

HernanCortes -
RubberFistofFury - I'm going to Austin next weekend with my wife. Her brother is doing a half Ironman.

If you want an awesome burger go to Hopdoddy it's one of my favorite places. Phone Post

What about the Alamo? Worth making the drive to check out?

Thanks for those suggestions. We'll definitely try them out. VU Phone Post 3.0

If you want a fancy restaurant check out uchi (I think that's how you spell it) and also Congress (one of the only 5 star rated restaurants in Austin). It's run by Chef David Bowles. He also runs second bar& kitchen.

The prices are expensive, but totally worth it. Try one of the sandwiches at second bar & kitchen, I forgot the name of it, but it's a specialty. They were handing them out at austin city limits and sold out really fast. They have these awesome fries as well that have a unique seasoning and those sold out too at ACL. Phone Post

RubberFistofFury -
HernanCortes -

I had lived in San Antonio before I moved to Austin. You have to see the Alamo at least once if you're in Texas. At night it's supposedly haunted, but it's really unique. The river walk is awesome too. It used to be really bad, but they expanded it all the way to the Pearl Brewery and then some (which are worth checking out too). If you go to the Alamo, definitely check out the river walk and eat at Mi Tierras, one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city. Also check out the pearl Brewery district, they have nice places as well. The drive will only take about an hour and 15 minutes.

Might as well go all out if you're visiting SA/Austin especially if it's only about an hour apart. Phone Post

I'm not kidding though go to HopDoddys in Austin!

Seriously it's great... Phone Post

HernanCortes -
RubberFistofFury -
HernanCortes -

I had lived in San Antonio before I moved to Austin. You have to see the Alamo at least once if you're in Texas. At night it's supposedly haunted, but it's really unique. The river walk is awesome too. It used to be really bad, but they expanded it all the way to the Pearl Brewery and then some (which are worth checking out too). If you go to the Alamo, definitely check out the river walk and eat at Mi Tierras, one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city. Also check out the pearl Brewery district, they have nice places as well. The drive will only take about an hour and 15 minutes.

Might as well go all out if you're visiting SA/Austin especially if it's only about an hour apart. Phone Post

Awesome, thanks. We heard about Riverwalk too so we'll def check that out. I love me some Mexican food so we will try that also. Thanks for all the info. VU again tomorrow when I can. Pretty stoked to go now. Phone Post 3.0

HernanCortes - I'm not kidding though go to HopDoddys in Austin!

I'll try it and report back. Fuck I'm gonna gain 20lbs on this trip! Phone Post 3.0

Thanks man, you'll definitely enjoy the Mexican food. I think the Mexican food in San Antonio is better than the Mexican food in Austin imo.

But Austin has a more unique variety of food. Both places are good. There is a reason why everyone in San Antonio is overweight... Phone Post

Mihow - Ok

Just made eggs and made me feel better

How's Texas treating ya? Phone Post 3.0
So far so good! Been doing everything Austin has to offer in addition to camping on the beach in Port Aransas! Love it Phone Post 3.0

ChicagoTom - Good how you doing? Phone Post 3.0
Great, bro! Met a cool chick from Chicago here. Wish I was staying longer to see how things go. Phone Post 3.0

Aaronrodgers=GOAT - Why the move ? For the bbq ? Phone Post
Haven't moved yet, but I'm committed thru the month of november Phone Post 3.0

Lift - You suckin dicks yet? Phone Post
Haven't met any OG'ers! Phone Post 3.0

Haven't been there yet. But the locals will tell you the best BBQ is at their house! I've enjoyed Iron Works, Rudy's and Salt Lick so far. Phone Post 3.0

HernanCortes -

This guy gets it! Love Home Slice and Southside Pizza - both on South Congress. Haven't tried the burger place, but the line is always out the door. Phone Post 3.0

RubberFistofFury -
HernanCortes - I'm not kidding though go to HopDoddys in Austin!

I'll try it and report back. Fuck I'm gonna gain 20lbs on this trip! Phone Post 3.0
The food scene is out of control! Bar Lavaca gives you free bacon while you're drinking Phone Post 3.0