Help getting out of dual Spider guard

I feel like a fucking dummy when really good guys get me caught there. Im pretty good at basing so I rarely get swept but I hate wasting 2 mins of a 5 min roll in that position.

It's usually smaller guys who are just trying to avoid my smash.

You mean both feet on the bicep 

Posture, crowd, and redirect. Fight for the inside grips.

I try to get grips, stand, then back away to relieve pressure (try to make them get their backs off the ground so their feet drop).  Then work on getting rid of one.  It's a pain in the ass against good spider players.

checkuroil -

You mean both feet on the bicep 

Yes.

Ive been trying the pulling away and throwing the feet to the ground but when they are much lighter they just follow me. Smashing in seems to be not working lately. It’s as if there has been a memo sent around ion how 150lb guys can keep 250lb guys hungup

deepu -

I try to get grips, stand, then back away to relieve pressure (try to make them get their backs off the ground so their feet drop).  Then work on getting rid of one.  It's a pain in the ass against good spider players.

Understatement

deepu -

This!!!

What about the hybrids like Collar spider or DLR spider etc? I am currently having a lot of trouble with a very strong gripped blue belt who uses a combination of sleeve and collar grips with one foot in the shoulder controlling my torso angle, who switches to DLR and deep DLR to go to the back. I have been trying combat base, standing, squaring up, breaking grips (if I do manage to pry the jaws of life open then he regrips very quickly and we repeat), pinning a leg down with my knee to kill one point of control. Hell the other day I even tried balling up in the fetal position and sobbing uncontrollably, to no avail.

Think of the michaelangelo drawing with the human body and the circle around it...Stay on the circumference of that circle until you've won the grip/positional adjustment battle, then attack/pass by entering that circle.

Generally speaking, you need to circlle one hand to the inside first unless you can hip thrust behind both thighs or pin both feet to the mat.

Sorry, this vid doesn't address dbl spider specifically, but it's got general discussion that helps all spider passing.

thanks Meatgrinder. I think my biggest issues is when i get them both caught up. i guess i need to work on NOT getting so damn hung up.

Try using your feet or knees to help strip one of the grips. I've seen Rafa initiate his spider guard passes this way quite a bit and I've had some success with this as well.

You can step over and sit on both legs... but I much prefer beating the grip on one of them first... and like pbody said, you can lower one side and step your foot behind their knee to frame your break... I usually find that I can just circle one hand to the inside.

Don't just stay on one side of them... They usually have one leg extended an one pulled in...but as you shift from side to side, that changes so you and there are windows of opportunity as they are switching which leg is extended.

I'm a fan of moving into combat base and using the raised knee to remove the first leg. 

You have to be ready to address the second leg immediately, because they'll fight like hell as soon as they feel the first one gone. 

I say all that as a guy who prefers to pass kneeling, FWIW

twinkletoesCT - 

I'm a fan of moving into combat base and using the raised knee to remove the first leg. 

You have to be ready to address the second leg immediately, because they'll fight like hell as soon as they feel the first one gone. 

I prefer to pass LEANING. Is that what you mean? or do you literally pass when your knees are still on the ground?

I generally circle my hand to the inside on the side where their spider hook is not extended. It is not really possible to circle on the extended side. Circle in and reestablish grip on the nonextended side, get an inside grip on the bottom of that leg and push to the outside while walking into knee cut position on the extended leg side. The pressure from your knee on their leg will help loosen their grip so you can strip the grip, grab the collar and pass. 

Or bump both both legs over their head and smash into leg drag position. 

Judge Mental - 
twinkletoesCT - 

I prefer to pass LEANING. Is that what you mean? or do you literally pass when your knees are still on the ground?

Translation:  I prefer not to stand when I pass.

No, I am not literally on my knees. I am usually prone and sprawling on some part of my partner.  

Bring your elbows in and maybe in front of you like a preacher curl.

Grab his pantlegs.

Walk backward several steps as you lower his feet to the ground.

Do whatever from that point.

Ignore the first move/set up, but the rest should get you out, homie.

twinkletoesCT -

I do this too! Awesome. I don't like to stand too much to pass as a HG player I perfer to force them to half guard and pass from there.