Help me buy a last minute suit

I have a wedding next weekend and I waited until the last minute to try my usual suspects on - the results aren’t good.

So I’ll have to buy off the rack and get it tailored on a week, but am really clueless as to wear I can get a passable suit for $300 or so.

Alternative is to starve myself and try to fit into what I already own.

Banana republic has cheap good looking suits imo. They usually have a sale going on. 

clattymine -

Banana republic has cheap good looking suits imo. They usually have a sale going on. 

BR is great if your thin and under 6'2".  Target's also selling suits now I think.  Bigger stores may be bringing in spring/ and summer suits now.

Otherwise you're probably stuck going to K&G or something like it where it's hit or miss.  Youre not getting much of a suit for $300 in the US these days.

Second on Banana Republic. Also, I know it gets a bad rap, but Men's Warehouse has some legitimately good brands/ at decent prices. Their in-house tailors are hit or miss though, so I recommend getting something that already fits very well. Or, just rent a tux and no matter what anyone says to you, do not acknowledge that you're wearing a tux.

clattymine -

Agreed.  JCrew too imo.

william795 -
clattymine -

Agreed.  JCrew too imo.

This seems to be the direction I’m heading in.

Do you have Stein Mart in your area? Great deals there but gonna have to get them tailored

Nordstrom Rack