Help me buy laptop, will buy you blue name!

So my computer knowledge and skillz are a bit limited so I need some help.

My current laptop is dying and I need to update.  I have a Toshiba Satellite 15 inch screen with i3 Core.  It's been OK.....I really only use it for work, internet and maybe watching movies sometime.

Would like something faster, reliable, maybe larger screen, plenty of RAM.  And here is something important and I want to know if it's possible or what your suggestions would be:

I need about 1 TB of HD space for pics, movies etc.  but I also want benefit of almost instant boot up on SSD.  I heard you can just have the OS and a few other things on SSD and use regular HD for storage.  I am not opposed to entire SSD HD but don't see anything nearly 1 TB in size that is reasonably priced.

So there you have it....any recommendations much appreciated.  Winner gets blue name

Thanks!

Sale on WFAs! Phone Post 3.0

just build your own computer. Less money and better performance, and really easy to build

Moving...

Rocky Dennis -

So my computer knowledge and skillz are a bit limited so I need some help.

My current laptop is dying and I need to update.  I have a Toshiba Satellite 15 inch screen with i3 Core.  It's been OK.....I really only use it for work, internet and maybe watching movies sometime.

Would like something faster, reliable, maybe larger screen, plenty of RAM.  And here is something important and I want to know if it's possible or what your suggestions would be:

I need about 1 TB of HD space for pics, movies etc.  but I also want benefit of almost instant boot up on SSD.  I heard you can just have the OS and a few other things on SSD and use regular HD for storage.  I am not opposed to entire SSD HD but don't see anything nearly 1 TB in size that is reasonably priced.

So there you have it....any recommendations much appreciated.  Winner gets blue name

Thanks!

What's the budget. That is key bud.

I can go 5 different suggestions based on what you can afford to pay.

As for the TB HDD problem. You are better off with a pocket sized external unless you want a clunker computer. Phone Post 3.0

man meets fate - just build your own computer. Less money and better performance, and really easy to build

This. A $700 desktop will smoke a $1000 laptop, 24/7.

Thanks for input. I actually just bought a new desktop not too long ago based in feedback from OG. Gave blue for that too.

Also I'm not building my own. No idea how to do that. Guy who got blue last time built one in cart for me from cyber computer. Maybe I should try that?

Budget would like to be under $1000. Phone Post 3.0

Rocky Dennis - Thanks for input. I actually just bought a new desktop not too long ago based in feedback from OG. Gave blue for that too.

Also I'm not building my own. No idea how to do that. Guy who got blue last time built one in cart for me from cyber computer. Maybe I should try that?

Budget would like to be under $1000. Phone Post 3.0

What country are you in?

Look for a laptop with an i5 haswell 8gb ram min 1600hz and buy a 2.5inch solid state hybrid drive has most sad benefits without the dreaded cost will try to link some stuff in a bit need to find parts Phone Post 3.0

Costco had an HP laptop in their circular about a month ago that was pretty well stacked. About $800. Had Windows 7, too.

Lenovo yoga pro Phone Post 3.0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IQ4E0ZI/ref=aw_d_pd_pc?qid=1399417331 Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

MmanBearPig - http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IQ4E0ZI/ref=aw_d_pd_pc?qid=1399417331 Phone Post 3.0

Thanks.  For some reason that page won't load correctly, but I could get the specs.  I prefer Windows 7 and 1 TB HDD.  Minimum 8 GB RAM

I am interested in this "hybrid drive".  Can you elaborate?  Is it a SSD/HD combo?

Check out the Sony flip, you can customize it online and probly get a good one for about 1000 Phone Post 3.0

SlimRoethlisberger - Check out the Sony flip, you can customize it online and probly get a good one for about 1000 Phone Post 3.0

Will do.  Do you know anything about a Hybrid SSD/HD?

Do. Not. Buy. HP. Or. Dell.

I have really like the 2 Asus's that I recently bought. I hear Lenovo is good as well, but I found that you get more bang for your buck with Asus. Phone Post 3.0

People still buy these things?

Sheldonite - Do. Not. Buy. HP. Or. Dell.

I have really like the 2 Asus's that I recently bought. I hear Lenovo is good as well, but I found that you get more bang for your buck with Asus. Phone Post 3.0
Ok. U know anything about SSD hybrid? Phone Post 3.0

Apparently my bribe isn't having desired effect Phone Post 3.0