help me design a class please!

ok, so the deal is my sister (who is a trainer) can not teach her regular Saturday morning class. Basically she teaches a class with about 5 or 6 women, all in their early 40's, in somewhat decent shape. (they basically all do your standard bullshit workouts that most trainers do...not saying she's a bad trainer, she's a great trainer...it's just what they do)So, she can't do it this Saturday, and really needs me to help her out, so I'm doing it.

I'd like to introduce them to some new stuff, like tabata intervals, sprints, etc.... Actually my sis wants me to do this kind of stuff with them, cause she knows that's how I train.

they have actually used kettlebells before, but have only done swings...so not gonna spend time teaching them cleans or snatches that day

need to put together an hour long class for them, and want to incorporate all this stuff.

this gym has a shit load of equipment.

Cardio machine wise: treadmill, stairmaster, concept 2 rower, bike, recumbant bike, and eliptical

has a ton of bosu's, coreboards, med balls, db's, kettlebells (which I'd definitly like to use), pretty much most tools you can think of.

When I train, I destroy myself...just love the feeling of going all out. These are 40 year old women, who have never trained this way, so I can't completely destroy them, but I would like to give them a very challenging class that they will really enjoy.

Something maybe like warm them up on a machine for 5 mins at an easy pace, then maybe go into a tabata sequence, then go back to machines and do sprints, then come back and either do another tabata sequence, or do a tough ab circuit...I dunno!

anyways, would appreciate the help! remember, can't completely destroy these women, but do want to challenge them, thanks!

40 year old women who have never done intervals will get injured if you
make them do sprints.

warm up do basic mma circle streach  from head to toes , may be even some shadow punching and kicking keep it short and them entertained ( dont get too serious on technique)

do circuit tabatas  8 sets will be 32 minutes like say .......1 sit ups 2 push ups 3 leg ups 4 curls 5 squats 6 lat raises 7 sit ups 8 lunges

let them rest and drink

then do do a twelve minute run ... thats where you run on the treadmill for 6 minutes then run 6 more minutes and see if you can meet or surpass the first 6 minutes distance (  much more exciting when done outdoors on the pavement)

then kill them with your kettle bell stuff 

or not .....    just a suggestion ; peace .

"40 year old women who have never done intervals will get injured if you make them do sprints. "

when I say sprints, I mean I'll just have them work hard. Explain to them the RPE scale.

thanks for the suggestions guys

You must smash them! Maybe throw in intervals of intense shadow boxing. They probably aren't able to dream up their own combos and throw those for twenty seconds at a time, so you could just start with straight punches.

ttt

how does this sound...

-ROTATIONS 5 MINS

-WARM UP ON MACHINE (TREADMILL, ROWER, ELIPTICAL) EASY PACE 5 MINS

-TABATA SQUATS/SPLIT SQUATS (first will be squats, then SPLIT SQUATS, then back to squats, back to SPLIT SQUATS, etc...) 4 MINS

-MACHINE W/SPRINTS 10 MINS (I'll just throw some sprints in there)*

-TABATA PUSH UPS/BURPESS (BURPEES WITH NO PUSHUP, SO FIRST PUSHUPS, THEN BURPEES WITH NO PUSHUP, THEN REPEAT) 4 MINS

-MACHINE SPRINTS 10 MINS *(same as above)

-TABATA 2 HAND KETTLEBELL SWINGS 4 MINS

-MACHINE SPRINTS 10 MINS *(same as above)

-TABATAS ON BOSU (2 SUPERMANS, 2 OBLIQUES (4), 2 BALANCING ON BACK - KNEE HUGS) 4MINS

I like your style.