Help needed finding fighters of Indian descent

Fellow UG'ers,

I have a HUGE opportunity for fighters of Indian descent (South Asian, not Native American). If there are any professional fighters of Indian descent who are looking to fight, feel free to post on this thread a little about yourself (record, martial arts background, etc).

OR

If you know anyone who is and if they may be interested, post a little about them.

OR

If you know (not personally) of any fighters who fit into this category, just post their name and I will find a way to reach out to them myself. Maybe post a link to their mixedmartialarts.com or sherdog.com profile as well.

Thanks for the help guys/girls.

You should hit up Dhalsim from Street Fighter II. Nobody could mess with his reach, but he might get a DQ if he uses his "Yoga Fire" !

May I ask why they need be Indian?

I don't mean to pry, just interested. If it's none of my business, feel free to tell me.

I train with a guy who fits your criteria Phone Post

There are more 18-32 year old males, the most desirable TV demographic, in India then there are people in the US. There are a billion people there. Martial Arts began in India. This is a HUGE untapped market.

Any Indian fighters or fighters of Indian descent out there?

India and China has 2.5 billion people between them! I should think they have some unbelievable untapped talent just waiting to be discovered!

I spose there are many social/political reasons why there arnt many fighters yet to come from here.... I should think money and making a living is a big part of any fighters life over there so I would think the motivation is there.

I have trained with a couple of indian wrestlers before and they were both very good.

Laziest TUF researcher ever. Phone Post

No names guys? We all assume the exist. But who and where? Beyond Kultar Gill who has fought and experienced success?

Who was the K1 guy who beat Kharitonov? Jaideep Singh? Phone Post

Create a habitat with lots of curry, dirty, and with bad hygiene. They'll fill it up quick. Phone Post

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for 3 handicapped lesbian Laplander fighters, two Polynesian chefs, one Japanese tobacco farmer, and a Swahili dung wrestler.

Thanks for helping me find the fighters of the correct race.

"There are more 18-32 year old males, the most desirable TV demographic, in India then there are people in the US. There are a billion people there. Martial Arts began in India. This is a HUGE untapped market. "

Not only is there more of the target demographic there, they actually have more discretionary income as well. I hear when confronted with a choice between rice for the family for the entire year and ordering a 50 dollar UFC PPV, they always choose the PPV. Its actually why the majority of that demographic is starving. Because they want to. The superfan originated in India, just like martial arts.

Now how can I separate starving Indians of the proper demographic from their huge pile of cash...hmmm.

Theres a few tough indians fighting amateur in Vancouver, bc. I'm sure kultar would know who they are. If you can't get a hold of kultar, then try calling a few mma clubs in Vancouver, like revolution mma, universal mma, dynamic mma, ect.

Good luck

Search results for the name "Singh"

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=stats.search&fighterNameSearch=Singh

Ansari - Search results for the name "Singh"
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=stats.search&fighterNameSearch=Singh"&gt;http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=stats.search&fighterNameSearch=Singh&lt;/a>

One or two there thanks.

Foos - Theres a few tough indians fighting amateur in Vancouver, bc. I'm sure kultar would know who they are. If you can't get a hold of kultar, then try calling a few mma clubs in Vancouver, like revolution mma, universal mma, dynamic mma, ect.

Good luck

Plan on contacting him tomorrow.

so you mean the bad indians, not the good indians

thread deleted

KenP - There are more 18-32 year old males, the most desirable TV demographic, in India then there are people in the US. There are a billion people there. Martial Arts began in India. This is a HUGE untapped market.

Any Indian fighters or fighters of Indian descent out there?

I did a Bjj seminar for the sports authority of mumbai India...great market for Mma Phone Post

Said Hatim. Great kick boxer, decent bjj. Trains in Chicago at POW under Dino Costeas. One of the tougher guys I've ever seen.

ttt