Help out Beginner

Hey guys I want to start weight training. I've done very little weights before and totally clueless where to start. I'm 5'10' about 155 pounds. Can you set up a program for me? I've been in a car accident 6 months ago and I just got back to working out. I used to surf and ride bikes for exercise. Also any recommendations on supplements? What kind to use?

Because it's easier to show someone proper technique in person, you should ask your friends for instruction. Don't waste your dollars on supplements, you're better off spending the money on high quality food.

How serious was the car accident? What injuries resulted? Were you seen/cleared by a doc to begin training?

If you are serious about wanting to achieve high level results, I would recommend finding a good S&C/performance coach in your area and investing some money in getting taught proper technique, form, etc.

My car got hit on a side and it spun out of control then hit a stop sign. I hurt my back and my knee and couldn't do anything for about 4-5 months. My doc just cleared me to work out and do what I wanted. I thought it was too early but even he was surprised by how fast my body recovered. My girlfriend just got me a 6 month membership as a present and I want to start working out. I'm not looking to do some high level training or anything. Just some kind of a program I can do 4-5 times a week to build up my body.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

Beginner's strength training program. Has worked wonders for me as an out-of-shape 40 year old dude, and that's with not even following the program as closely as I could have (I had three re-sets over 6 months, 2 due to upper respiratory infections and one due to a long vacation).

My squat has gone from 85 lbs (for 3 sets of 5) to 285, and I'll be doing 290 today, and if things continue as they have, I'll hit 300 next week. Deadlift has gone from 135 to 322.5 - again, set of 5. Had I not reset those couple times, I bet my squat would be 335+, dead would be 370+.

If you're hardcore and have to work out 4-5 days a week, this may not be your cup of tea, as it's supposed to be done only 3 days a week - and if you're anything like me, on your days off you will not want to exercise given how tough it can be to keep the progression going...

3 days a week is good for me. I just have a lot of time in my hand because I work from home and I didn't want to just sit around. Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out. Any other tips?