HELP PS3 isn't working!!

I've searched everywhere online for answers to my problem and nothing is working. Hoping the OG can help me out. Here's what's going on..

-PS3 is stuck won't turn on. I've got a solid red light, so I know it's getting power, just won't turn on.
-No flashing lights, no yellow/green or blue, solid red.
-I've tried holding down the power and eject buttons and still nothing.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix it? Phone Post

Wait a few months for the PS4 to come out.

Have you tried unplugging it and waiting a few secs?

I've had similar things happen, mostly after using the browser on sketchy sites, lol. Usually solves my problem.

Had this happen to me. I unplugged everything and used new power outlet and it worked. Phone Post 3.0

rufus -

Wait a few months for the PS4 to come out.

I only use it for BluRays at the moment. Game on the 360. Phone Post

GOREILLAMAN - This might be a stupid question, but did you unplug it and plug it back in? Phone Post

Lol of course Phone Post

Mouth Breather - Had this happen to me. I unplugged everything and used new power outlet and it worked. Phone Post 3.0

Tried this and still nothing Phone Post

Happened to my old big one. Try turning it off at the back then hold down eject while turning the power at the back back on. It may kick the fan up and eject your disk.

You may also have to open it up and look to see if your board is burned or look into someone repairing it. My buddy just had to clean and silver heat sinc stuff to mine Phone Post

Knuckle Punch - Happened to my old big one. Try turning it off at the back then hold down eject while turning the power at the back back on. It may kick the fan up and eject your disk.

You may also have to open it up and look to see if your board is burned or look into someone repairing it. My buddy just had to clean and silver heat sinc stuff to mine Phone Post

This was going to be my last resort..wish me luck. Phone Post

Chareth Cutestory - Have you tried turning it on via the controller?

Damn dog chewed up the chord and now the controller is dead. At my buddies right now to borrow his and see if it'll work. Phone Post

Mine did something similar its was my hard drive payed about 100$ to get it replaced at a local repair shop playstation wanted a arm and a leg Phone Post 3.0

jTheHybridwolff - Mine did something similar its was my hard drive payed about 100$ to get it replaced at a local repair shop playstation wanted a arm and a leg Phone Post 3.0

It should at least boot to service menu even without a hard drive. As someone else said, open it and clean it out/inspect the motherboard. Phone Post

Quackers -
jTheHybridwolff - Mine did something similar its was my hard drive payed about 100$ to get it replaced at a local repair shop playstation wanted a arm and a leg Phone Post 3.0

It should at least boot to service menu even without a hard drive. As someone else said, open it and clean it out/inspect the motherboard. Phone Post

Will report back tomorrow. I don't have the right screwdriver to open it up and the controller didn't work either. Thanks to everyone for the help so far. Phone Post

impossible! only xboxes break

Ted the OGer - impossible! only xboxes break

Nope, PS3's break as well, just significantly less.

I was reading an article (I'll see if I can dig it up) a while back about how the average life span of an unserviced Xbox is about 1 year. PS3 averages a little over 3 years. And literally all of my Xboxes broke around the one year mark, except the first one (which lasted a few months). I got my PS3 in 2009 and am getting nervous now, but no issues yet.

Frankly, neither is acceptable in a 7 year generation.

crossfire - You need to put it in a bag of rice. Phone Post 3.0
This. ASAP! Phone Post 3.0

My first gen 40 gig would turn on but nothing but the squiggly looking cloud would show up . No menu so I sent it to Sony and they shipped me a new one free of charge ! Phone Post 3.0

my ps3 had this problem if it is the original model from 06 that olid red or yellow is like the red ring of death. my ps3 broke last year i had it since06 though

SummerSteve - I've had an xbox since it first came out, then got the first 360 that came out, never had a problem, its only a problem for gaming nerds that play games 5 hours or more a day, getting that shit Hot, of course its gonna fuck up if it gets too hot.

Wow, fanboys are even defending the rrod now.

"if you didn't want your Xbox to break them you shouldn't have used it so much"

Which, by the way, is patently false. Phone Post

Quackers -
SummerSteve - I've had an xbox since it first came out, then got the first 360 that came out, never had a problem, its only a problem for gaming nerds that play games 5 hours or more a day, getting that shit Hot, of course its gonna fuck up if it gets too hot.

Wow, fanboys are even defending the rrod now.

"if you didn't want your Xbox to break them you shouldn't have used it so much"

Which, by the way, is patently false. Phone Post

Lol @ SummerSteve, not the even sure if you're being serious. I'm on my third 360 after the first two falling victim to the red ring (all covered under warranty, thank god.) I do all my gaming on the 360 and will most likely be getting the XB1 for plenty of reasons.

I highly doubt that MS designed a console that would have serious problems with overheating due to "gaming nerds" playing too long. I believe the main problem is, people not storing their 360 in a properly ventilated area or leaving it on for days on end.

I've had my ps3 since 08 and the only reason why I bought it was for MAG, which unfortunately was a huge let down. If it's finally died on me, I feel like a got my money's worth and have nothing bad to say about the ps3 and will most likely end up getting a ps4 down the road. Phone Post