Help to move Portland, Orego

the good beer comment should precede the beautiful women comment. it would explain things.

LOL! at the hate, NE is not ghetto! im surrounded by yippies, hippies and old folks.

Good beer, hella strip clubs, good bars and all kinds of people!

There are a ton of places to train, Straight Blast Gym, Team Quest etc.......

Its relatively inexpensive, you can always find a studio downtown for cheap.

I wouldnt live in Vancouver unless i had a family, kids etc.

BBR is a cool strip joint!

Knott Street gym is the best boxing gym in portland!

Probst,

Which of the aforementioned strip clubs is better?

most girls and a good steak is the acropolis, most girls is Starz and the dolphin

punk rock girls are at the Magic Gardens, Devils Point

old ass women you go to Marys right downtown

BBR is ok, girls there are average

I would enjoy training with team quest.

"You musta hit rock bottom to wanna move to Portland Oregon."

You havent been to Salem Oregon yet have you...

"As it's referred to "No'th Po'tland." It's where the 17 black people in Oregon live."

You havent even been close to NE Portland have you? Oh your from Yelm? Forget the Salem comment and replace with Yelm.

"Knott Street gym is the best boxing gym in portland!"

Yep!

"LOL! at the hate, NE is not ghetto! im surrounded by yippies, hippies and old folks."

I grew up on 18th and killingsworth. In the mid 80's-early 90's it was VERY ghetto. 3 blocks away was 15th av, known as 'crack alley'. I remember one 4th of july a guy riding a scooter down the street with a guy on the back shooting an uzi in the air shouting 'bloods, bloods, bloods!' We had a weed dealer directly across the street and a crack house next door to that.

If thats not ghetto I don't know what is. But to be fair its gotten better which is probably why my parents still live there. But seriously, go to brandel's market on 19th and killigsworth and tell me that shit isn't ghetto. ;)

The beer is motherfuckin good. I never noticed a serious girl/guy ratio discrepancy, but the downtown bars are good for picking up girls. Whether you do well or not depends on you, but the wimmins are there. Anyone who thinks its all pale beer swilling fatties just doesn't go out to any decent bars/clubs. Must be hanging out at mcmennemin's pubs or something. Good beer but no rotties.

Last time I went out there I went to ohm, shanghai lounge, cobalt lounge and some place like 1040??? or something like that. Downtown bar named after its address.

Also, you must go to hung far low. Stiff drinks, sleazy atmosphere and you gotta love the name. 'bidness' gets done there frequently, or at least it used to.

And the acrop makes a great steak. I'm not just saying that cause its a strip club.

As for MMA, I used to train with dave minden. I don't think he teaches anymore but I'm sure if you ask around you'll find some of his former students. I've trained at SBG on MLK a few times and the beaverton SBG a few times as well. Good guys IMO. And of course as everyone has mentioned team quest although I never trained there.

Fernando, glad you know the Boom Boom. Next time you go there if Brandon the owner is there tell them Probst sent you, he'll hook you up. He's a blonde pretty boy always surrounded by hot strippers whom he spends most of his time insulting before he takes them home.

Jazz Fan, I only know the Boom Boom and a couple places I was too drunk to remember, but it doesn't matter. They are ALL good cuz they are free, fairly raunchy (i live in Cali now and it's either nudity or booze, but never both, with a cover). It's just great.

BJ and Cabbage, there ARE the Birkenstock/underarm hair chicks, definitely, but typically this is the mid to late 20s girl after her first serious dumping and her second abortion. Before that, they're good to go. Personally, I have better chances with literary/new age/animist hippie types, but that's up to the invididual. In Cali, sure they're hot, but unless you Serious Game/Serious Money/Serious Looks you aren't gonna do well here.

In fact, that's my one drawback in Cali. Anywhere else, one or two of the above three is enough to get you in the door (Mad Game will usually do in leiu of the other two, which I do not possess), but in Cali it just seems like even fat ugly chicks think they deserve a good looking stud who drives a BMW.

Anyways, Portland rocks harder than Motorhead and that is all.

18th and Kil is pretty bad, ill admit that!considering i grew in DC . plus its all gentrified now, theres bars, gallerys and shit! last thursdays where they art openings and what not!

If it was called the minden training hall I don't think that was dave, it might have been a school opened by floyd and dillon, two of the guys that trained there a lot. Floyd was very athletic and an awesome fighter. Still undefeated as far as I know but don't know if he's actively training.

I know john, but he was only there occasionally when I was. In any case it was a great place to train. No BS, no egos, dirt cheap and as you said dave was a great instructor and great guy. And of course at the start it was pretty much the ONLY place in portland to do anything resembling MMA.

ttt for the Rose City or whatever the fuck it is.....

"a guy named John who used to wear a beret and worked for the forrestry service"

LOL

Not laughing at the guy... that just sounds hilarious.

Boxingfool2004 is moving to Wisconsin on January 2. I am helping him get here, got him an apartment, and a getting him a job, and can train at my academy.

Fearless Goat

Oberhue trains at the SBG in beaverton. He's a purple (last I checked ) under the machados and schooled me a number of times. Really nice guy too.

Oberhue is a black belt now(under Chris Haueter).

I chris the smaller guy who does seminars from time to time there?

Fearless Goat - where in Wisconsin is your academy?

"Is chris the smaller guy who does seminars from time to time there?"

This is Chris Haueter(talking to some old guy).

Kaukauna,Wisconsin...it is 25 minutes South of where the Green Bay Packers play...2 hours from Madison.

Fearless Goat