help w/blackberry, email & laptop

Okay I started a new job and recently got a blackberry pearl. They have me set up on some shitty old slow desktop right now.

I would like to bring my laptop and hook it up to the network. It has XP home on it and the IT lady said it would be a lot easier to set up with XP Pro, although it could be done w/ XP Home.

She also indicated that if I didn't have my laptop on the network (ie sitting in my bag in my car) that I wouldn't be able to recieve my company emails on my blackberry. I know we have a company email server so this kinda threw me.

I had a million other things on my mind and I wasn't really wasn't giving her my full attention, so I was hoping someone could help me shed some light on this issue.

Thanks

FullPint

Get XP Pro on it, save your IT guys the hassle of doing silly reg hacks to log in into the domain.

If she knew her exchange, she could fix that.....

what about the Blackberry situation. Do I have to have my laptop connected to the network to receive emails on my blackberry?

lol!!

Not at all

It goes through a pop3 and your emails are sent out via the stmp that is provided by RIM.

Its all wireless

It didn't make sense to me either, but I could have sworn thats what she said.