Helwani is out of ESPN!

Yup…even if he gets a “raise” if this platform fails he’s assed out and burned bridges to boot

1 Like

You are the guys who think fighters who leave the ufc for more money are dumb because the ufc has a bigger name. You value clout over money.

1 Like

He’s making way more dumbass, he wouldn’t leave unless he was. God you guys on this forum are fucking clueless when it comes to what guys in media make.

He can go on his own and make over $500k, that ain’t shit for someone like him

Clout=money stupid

Fact is if this shit doesn’t outlast ESPN and burns out…RIP Ariel

You really should refrain from calling anyone else a dumbass. I never said he was making more or less. My point was very clear, but for some reason your micro-brain had difficulty with reading and/or comprehension. He overestimated his own worth financially to ESPN. He thought he was worth something to them which he wasn’t which is obvious. He also took a massive step backwards going from the biggest corporation, entity, etc in all of sports to wherever he is going. At no point in that statement or the one you quoted did I saw he went backwards FINANCIALLY. It’s a clear move backwards in his career regardless of what he will now be making. Now, feel free to carry on with your lectures on what a dumbass I am while not being able to properly read or understand simple concepts you fucking troglodyte.

1 Like

Ariel is one of these posters in the thread for sure

4 Likes

Hope so. Fuck the mermaid.

2 Likes

What does this mean? How did he overestimate? They made him an offer some he turned it down. You make it seem like he made a mistake. Not trying to argue, I just legit dont understand.

1 Like

He doesn’t understand either. He’s been reeeeing this entire thread becuase Helwani “left his dream job”.

Now, he’s emphasizing that any sports media company is a bust, since ESPN is godlike.

Nice strawman, surely you can do better.

Obviously if all things were equal with the money he would have stayed at ESPN. Obviously he thought he was worth more to ESPN financially than he was. Hence he ends up going to a lesser job even if for more money. This is how negotiations often go. One side overplays their hand and walks away from the table. This is not to say that ESPN is the end all be all but he had an amazing job there and was by his own admission his dream job. Leaving a dream job for a few more dollars usually doesn’t work out well for people.

I am just using common sense based on the information we have. If you or anyone else thinks that leaving ESPN is a good move for his career you are more than welcome to think that way. Ariel will be fine but acting like going to a lesser known and reputable outlet, especially if he is indeed leaving for a place like the action network was good for him is silly. It’s not like he left for Fox sports or Turner. As someone else said, he gambled on himself and lost.

Im guessing ESPN has some sore of analytics that determines how much Helwani is actually worth for them. And their analysis determined he was worth a paycut offer lol. Sounds funny but probably not far off from the truth

This is his agents PR.

Espn is downsizing salaries and cutting people like Kenny mayne. and cutting ariels pay is my guess. His agent and Ariel are spinning this as they refused to re-sign, giving the appearance Ariel is in the drivers seat. Agents playing agent games to make their client look more valuable in the market than they are.

That and Ariel is a known drama queen.

6 Likes

Bummer I was enjoying dc and Helwani

3 Likes

mike tyson boom GIF
Nailed it

1 Like

One of my fav Tyson GIFs
Vtfu

Screen name and profile pic both check out

2 Likes