Henderson/Grant vs Aldo/Pettis?

So does the winner of Aldo/Pettis face the winner of Henderson/Grant? I know Aldo is SUPPOSED to get lightweight title shot with a win vs Pettis. If so what is everyone's thoughts Phone Post 3.0

33 views and no opinions? Phone Post 3.0

That would only make sense, not any other real contenders for the lightweight title right now..

Cerrone needs another win, maybe two, that's as close as it gets in my opinion.

Aldo has annihilated everyone at 145. Also has some really good fights at 55. Phone Post 3.0

*besides Gilbert Melendez, he should've already had a rematch with Bendo, he's still #2 lightweight. Phone Post 3.0

Stoked for Aldo vs Grant Phone Post 3.0

There are other contenders, Punk, Healy just got a big win, Gilbert is still in there and with another win could get another shot.

But yeah I think thats the plan, maybe not if Grant wins but if Bendo wins and Aldo wins and he wants to move up thats the fight to make.

Same with Pettis, I know Dana said he wants him to defend the belt but I think they would make that fight.

Would be a true super fight.

Punks been beaten by Melendez twice, Healy just got suspended, they still have a few fights. I just meant no guys in the run for the title right now Phone Post 3.0

tylerstodghill - Punks been beaten by Melendez twice, Healy just got suspended, they still have a few fights. I just meant no guys in the run for the title right now Phone Post 3.0

But Gilbert isnt the champ so him beating Punk doesnt really matter.

Punk knocked out Diaz, with another win over a top guy he could get a title shot.

Right now you got Healy, Punk, Cowboy, Gilbert, Khabib and dos anjos as the guys who are at the top or coming up with a win streak.

Think you can do Gilbert/Healy and Punk/Cowboy and the winner of either of those fights could get a shot or you do those fights and the winners fight for a titel shot while you do Bendo/Grant vs Aldo/pettis.

doubt it... the days of the "super fight" are over. Zuffa is spitting out contenders left and right with all the talent they have and all the events they are producing.

there's a small chance, Anderson vs Jones may happen for the 20th anniversary show, but that's a small chance.

Chris27 - 
tylerstodghill - Punks been beaten by Melendez twice, Healy just got suspended, they still have a few fights. I just meant no guys in the run for the title right now Phone Post 3.0

Punk knocked out Diaz, with another win over a top guy he could get a title shot.

Right now you got Healy, Punk, Cowboy, Gilbert, Khabib and dos anjos as the guys who are at the top or coming up with a win streak.

Think you can do Gilbert/Healy and Punk/Cowboy and the winner of either of those fights could get a shot or you do those fights and the winners fight for a titel shot while you do Bendo/Grant vs Aldo/pettis.

I would do:

Nurmagomedov vs Healy.

Punk vs Dos Anjos

Gilbert vs Maynard.

Cowboy vs Jim Miller.

Great opinions! I think Henderson will beat grant in a great fight, possibly a finish this time. Henderson isn't as careless as Maynard.

Pettis could give Aldo a run for his money, Pettis may be the one that holds two titles at one time, flying up under the radar

I think everyone is ready for a Henderson/Pettis rematch and of course if he beats aldo, would have to defend the 45 belt also.

If Aldo wins, I think Henderson owns him with his size

There are sure some interesting fights and possibilities coming up Phone Post 3.0

O and we can't forget about Bj Penn if he goes back to 155 and wins one fight he will possibly be in line for a shot. Phone Post 3.0

I think Pettis is stuck at 145 for while. Phone Post

njbIII - O and we can't forget about Bj Penn if he goes back to 155 and wins one fight he will possibly be in line for a shot. Phone Post 3.0
Just, no. Phone Post 3.0

Chris27 -

I like Gilbert/Healy and Punk/Cerrone, the winner of those two face each other, and the winner of that gets the title shot. Phone Post 3.0

Gilbert/Healy should def fight next it should've happened in strikeforce. No matter that Healy got popped we still can't disregard his last performance. Phone Post 3.0