henderson vs cerrone - Best fight in a long time

Just finished watching that fight and it was amazing on so many levels. Congrats to both guys as the gave every thing thing the had and then some. Their skill, heart and conditioning was absolutely amazing.

This is a fight I will tell my kids about as it was legendary. I will never erase it from my DVR as I plan on watching it over and over again.

Thanks to both fighters for putting on such an epoch battle. Truely one of the greatest matches I have ever seen.

Great fight.  Good show of heart from both fighters.

i know there are a hundred threads on this topic but felt like I had to post something out of respect for them.

Two great athletes with hugh hearts and great role models for MMA.

Agreed

ttt

I can't decide which was better, that one or Torres vs. Mizugaki.

does anyone know how many times henderson shot in for a take down during that fight? That had to be a record and I think cerrone might have a record for the most stuffs in a fight.

The endurance both fighters showed was incredible.

Fantastic fight. Right up there with Caol Uno/Joachim Hansen as one of the greatest displays of overall MMA ever. This fight will NEVER leave my DVR.

Melissa -  I can't decide which was better, that one or Torres vs. Mizugaki.

I thought this was much better personally. Only competition for FotY is Tokoro/Cullum, although I also loved Nog/Randy (too one-sided, though) and the under-rated Neer/Danzig.

Fight of the Year

1.  Henderson vs Cerrone (WEC 43)

2.  Torres vs. Mizugaki (WEC 40)

3.  Condit vs. Kampmann (UFN 18)

4.  Quenneville vs. Evans (XMMA 7)

5.  Fernandes vs. Takaya (DREAM 11)

6.  Cullum vs. Tokoro (DREAM 9)

7.  Couture vs. Nogueira (UFC 102)

8.  Condit vs. Ellenberger (UFN 19)

9.  Jung vs. Kanehara (Sengoku 8)

10.  Guida vs. Sanchez (TUF 9 Finale)

I know this is a comparison that people will probably disagree with but it reminded me of Ward VS Gatti 1. In the sense that both fights displayed an incredible amount of determination to win, heart, stamina, grit, aggressiveness and skill.

Ward VS Gatti 1 was a lot bloodier and both fighters probably should have died after that fight so they comparison is some what inaccurate. However, both fights were so fucken epoch in their own right that they remind me of each other. I will never forget either of those two fights as to me they both were fights that will never be forgotten by those who were lucky enough to watch them.

Definitely fight of the year in my book. Hands Down.

Mad Xyientist -  Fight of the Year

Not having Brown vs. Faber 2 on that list is a disgrace imo

Mad Xyientist -  Fight of the Year

i really didn't think cowboy henderson was top fight of the year so far. I am surprised its top 5 to be honest. Great fight though- just not the #1 spot imo. 

Torres holds down #1 

FOTY, best fight I've seen in a long time.

just watched it. amazing. i wasn't on the UG for while, does anyone else think cerrone should have won that fight? in japan he might've.

thought bendo won. Very close again couldve gone either way, wouldve been happy unlike machida shogun.

im glad people in texas got to see this fight and hopefully more ppl follow MMA. WEC always comes thru, I was blown away when i was watching this fight live

FOTY for me, guida sanchez close 2nd