Hendo's coach: He'd tap out a lot of black belts

what's agreed to? that staying out of trouble on the ground means you got a great ground game?

Wasa-B - what's agreed to? that staying out of trouble on the ground means you got a great ground game?

Yes it does you bjj snob.

Wasa-B - 
RickMartelsArrogance - 
Wasa-B - Love Hendo but he's never showed a ground game

How many legit blackbelt level grapplers has he fought?

Nog 2x, Babalu 2x, Arona, Bustamante 2x, Rousimar, Anderson, Shields, Feijao, etc... and he's been subbed 3x in like 34 or 35 fights.

Dumb post is dumb.

If someone was able to face that many good strikers and only got KOed the same amount of times but was never able to KO or beat anyone really standing, does that make them a good stand up fighter or exemplify a good standup game?

If a guy did 35 fights against elite world class guys, frequently up one or 2 weight classes, consistently outpointed them, and only got caught 3 times, he would be considered pretty damn amazing actually.

Beating Nog alone would almost equal Roy Jones stepping up to Heavy and taking the title from Ruiz.

Wasa-B - what's agreed to? that staying out of trouble on the ground means you got a great ground game?

If you can pull it off against Nog, Arona, Bustamante, Rousimar etc., that's exactly what it means.

Does he have a fully developed ground game offensively? Based on how amazing the rest of his game is, and the reports of our best experts (his coaches), it's highly likely.

And remember, at that level, it's quite possible for BB level jitz to be the "weak" part of a fighters game, meaning most of his wins are going to come from other sources - It's hard to sub a guy after you've already knocked him out and the fights been stopped.

That's what I was saying "Q", Dan "should" have a good offensive ground game...but he doesn't or hasn't shown it.

So there are people posting here saying Dan can't grapple at a high level? lol at this shit Wasa b you must be trolling

Wasa-B - [Chael is the best pure and more intense GNPer

No. No no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Just no.

Lindland has subbed several BJJ blackbelts in MMA, so it shouldn't be surprising to learn that Henderson also has this capability. With such a large power advantage over Lindland, you'll have to excuse Henderson for going for KOs instead.

GladiatorGannon - 
Wasa-B - 
RickMartelsArrogance - 
Wasa-B - Love Hendo but he's never showed a ground game

How many legit blackbelt level grapplers has he fought?

Nog 2x, Babalu 2x, Arona, Bustamante 2x, Rousimar, Anderson, Shields, Feijao, etc... and he's been subbed 3x in like 34 or 35 fights.

Dumb post is dumb.<br type="_moz" />

If someone was able to face that many good strikers and only got KOed the same amount of times but was never able to KO or beat anyone really standing, does that make them a good stand up fighter or exemplify a good standup game?

If a guy did 35 fights against elite world class guys, frequently up one or 2 weight classes, consistently outpointed them, and only got caught 3 times, he would be considered pretty damn amazing actually.

Beating Nog alone would almost equal Roy Jones stepping up to Heavy and taking the title from Ruiz.

Except that we all know Hendo got a gift in that match and that wasnt really my point.

Again, I love Hendo, he is an all time great however though it may be a semantic thing, I dont see having great ground defense meaning you have a great ground game. Doesnt being great at something require that you can attack/win fights there?

This doesnt mean anything about Dan as an overall fighter, wins are wins, it doesnt matter where they are won. However, Ive never really see Dan do anything on the ground offensively where he hasnt already hurt his opponent (following on on a dropped opponent).

Can anyone name any fight where Dan got a td on fresh/unhurt opponent and did anything significant?

GladiatorGannon - 

If you can pull it off against Nog, Arona, Bustamante, Rousimar etc., that's exactly what it means.

By your defintion though. To me, having a great ground game means you have great offense. Does Shinya Aoki have a great striking/standup game because he survived standing with Alvarez, JZ, etc?

GladiatorGannon - Does he have a fully developed ground game offensively? Based on how amazing the rest of his game is, and the reports of our best experts (his coaches), it's highly likely.

Im not gonna argue about what's likely or not. The fact is, in his fights, he hasnt shown it. So based on that, i would say its not highly likely that he has a fully developed offensive ground game because he's had many opportunities to show it in one of the longest careers we've seen. That doesnt take away from his accomplishments which makes him an all time great. Just saying ive never been impressed with his ground game because....he's never done anything there.

GladiatorGannon -And remember, at that level, it's quite possible for BB level jitz to be the "weak" part of a fighters game, meaning most of his wins are going to come from other sources - It's hard to sub a guy after you've already knocked him out and the fights been stopped.

Thats why i noted that he hasnt shown any thing on the ground really when his opponents werent dropped or hurt first.

Again, which of his fights has he taken someone down without hurting them and done anything significant? GNP? Passing? Near sub?

Wade Garrett - 
Wasa-B - [Chael is the best pure and more intense GNPer

No. No no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Just no.

Out of Randy/Dan/Lindland/Chael (aka the Quest/RAW guys), who can do the most damage in guard? Its not like i like Chael or anything, easy.

Actually, if we throw Trigg in that equation, he is the best pure GNPer. He has finished guys within guard. LIndland/Randy usu finish guys from better positions like mount, etc, not saying but to me, "pure GNP" is being able to hurt someone with GNP from guard without having to pass for example.

sside maurice - Lindland has subbed several BJJ blackbelts in MMA, so it shouldn't be surprising to learn that Henderson also has this capability. With such a large power advantage over Lindland, you'll have to excuse Henderson for going for KOs instead.

He doesnt need an excuse esp when i noted each Quest/Raw guy's unique strengths.

But we are discussing Dan's ground game.