Hendricks quit the last round. why?

I was actually rooting for him, until he started acting like a douche. what the hell was he doing trying to coast in the fifth round. i knew the fight was too close for him to be doing that, and he was fight the champ. you gotta give it your all, every single round.

no he quit in the 1st when he tapped

Thought he was ahead. Dumb idea to coast and give 70%. Phone Post 3.0

Because he's a dumb ass? Cost himself the belt imo and GSP will dominate him in a rematch. Phone Post 3.0

as bisping would say, what a wanker.

meh. he was trying to make sure he won the decision he felt he clearly earned in rds 1-4.

in hindsight it wasn't wise but in the moment it was a "strategic" move for him.

He did say "that will never happen again, I promise you that"...which makes me thing he'd headhunt GSP next time too.

i don't know anymore. you gotta give 100% in a championship fight. if you only give 70% you can't expect to win.

It was weird, it looked like he was done in round 3 but then he picked it up again when he got lucky and GSP tripped in round 4 and then he just took round 5 off.

when it comes to rematches, gsp i think is one of those people who comes out alot better. hendricks will be dominated next time.

Brabatross - It was weird, it looked like he was done in round 3 but then he picked it up again when he got lucky and GSP tripped in round 4 and then he just took round 5 off.

true, seems like when he has gsp hurt his energy picks up, but when gsp is jabbing him and hitting him more, seems to give up.

I think it'll be the same scenario as this time, either Hendricks knocks GSP in the first two rounds or GSP wins a decision.

He must be a De La Hoya fan. Phone Post 3.0

he's an idiot, he cost himself that fight

he can bitch about the judges all he likes but he had that belt in his hands and he threw it away

Brabatross - It was weird, it looked like he was done in round 3 but then he picked it up again when he got lucky and GSP tripped in round 4 and then he just took round 5 off.

He didn't just trip Hendricks tripped him, ko soto gari style. They showed the replay several times. Hendricks took GSP down, it wasn't some lucky slip.

fishyfish - definitely not a good idea to coast for the last round. you can rest AFTER the match.
He was being tactical, he avoided opening himself up to counters. To bad his corner miscalculated on the judges scoring. Phone Post

To beat Rick Flair you have to beat Rick Flair or something like that...Whoooooo!! Phone Post 3.0

He noticed Nick Diaz sitting in the front row mean mugging him. Phone Post 3.0

Where was hendricks right hand?? His right hand was just sloppy the whole fight when he was standing. He was relying too much on his left. All that talk about wanting to knock gsp out with his right but looked to me he didnt even know how to throw lead right hook, it was there the whole fight for him.

If they rematch then his striking coach needs to start drilling the lead right hook with him. He needs to fix up his jabs and start throwing stiff jabs. Phone Post

Thought he was comfortably ahead and had never been to a 5th round before, so paced himself.

Kirik - 

Thought he was comfortably ahead and had never been to a 5th round before, so paced himself.

As every major web site and knowledgeable fan knew 1,2 & 4 were his based of damage.

What was left to do except not give up a 10-8 in todays game?