Henrique Rezende leaving MG academy

Hearing through the grapevine Henrique is leaving MG Academy. I would assume on good terms. I hope he opens an academy within driving distance of me :) I would love to train with him again. I will miss his instruction on MGinAction.

As a mginaction member I really like his instruction, at first I would just watch the Marcelo instruction but the last couple of months I really enjoy the stuff Henrique and Paul do, its just as good and provides a different look at Marcelos game which is great because sometimes Marcelo just does something naturally and Paul or Henrique explain it

Good luck to him

he just won the black belt worlds in nogi - definitely has skills and should be in the next Adcc Phone Post

I personally feel his ability to teach and instruct is worlds ahead of MG's

If anyone has his contact info PLEASE send it to me. Want to make him an offer. Phone Post

Henrique is going back to Brazil, from what I've heard. Theyre sending someone from Alliance Sao Paulo to MGs.

Muffinho - Henrique is going back to Brazil, from what I've heard. Theyre sending someone from Alliance Sao Paulo to MGs.

Oh

:( Phone Post

Henrique showed a concept about a month ago that has changed my game immensely. He added to it each week and it just clicked every time. I'm extremely bummed I can't get anymore from him but thankful I got what I did overall in the past 2 years. He's an amazing instructor, competitor, and person. I wish him the best in whatever he does next.

Joshjitsu is there a way we can go on the site and navigate to Henrique's or Paul's teaching? Every time I try to search for them specifically I get no luck.

Yes, just go click the fundamentals tab instead of the advanced. The fundamentals are all Henrique and Paul who are both AMAZING instructors. Phone Post

BackAddict347x - Joshjitsu is there a way we can go on the site and navigate to Henrique's or Paul's teaching? Every time I try to search for them specifically I get no luck.

They are mostly under the fundamentals tab.

Man, I can't imagine Marcelo without Henrique. Marcelo uses him as his uke in about 90% of the videos.

Here's a bit of trivia, Henrique was the purple belt Marcelo was rolling with in Arte Suave, starting at 1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npWCyoudvRc

Wonder if they are bringing up Batista again. A more accurate nickname would be "Beastista"

htownbjj - Man, I can't imagine Marcelo without Henrique. Marcelo uses him as his uke in about 90% of the videos.

Here's a bit of trivia, Henrique was the purple belt Marcelo was rolling with in Arte Suave, starting at 1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npWCyoudvRc

Wonder if they are bringing up Batista again. A more accurate nickname would be "Beastista"

Henrique was also in Marcelo's old BJJ instructional tapes before he spoke english.

I like Paul a lot more. I have to chuckle a little when I read you think Hendrique is worlds better than Marcelo at teaching. For those who don't have a membership, Hendrique only teaches the basic fundamentals moves. Marcelo shows the advanced.

Henrique and Paul are phenomenal teachers. Marcelo's academy is fortunate to have (had) both of them as instructors.

Like others, I love watching their teachings in MGinAction- they break down moves and provide awesome details.

In terms of how they compare with Marcelo's teaching- they all teach differently, and all have their strengths. However, let's not forget that all of these great teachers- Henrique and Paul (as well as Ryan Hall), take Marcelo's classes.

Marcelo may not provide as much detailed instructions per move as some people like, but he is the innovator/creator behind the moves in his academy and in MGinAction- North South choke, elbow lift guillotine, one leg xguard, xguard, butterfly guard, etc.

Man are these recent mg posts... I might have to renew membership again Phone Post

Thanks Elpadrino and Joshjitsu

shermbe - Henrique showed a concept about a month ago that has changed my game immensely. He added to it each week and it just clicked every time. I'm extremely bummed I can't get anymore from him but thankful I got what I did overall in the past 2 years. He's an amazing instructor, competitor, and person. I wish him the best in whatever he does next.

Would you mind sharing which concepts?

Super bummed to hear this, but i wish him the best. I loved watching his instructionals the most.

CompanyBlue - I like Paul a lot more. I have to chuckle a little when I read you think Hendrique is worlds better than Marcelo at teaching. For those who don't have a membership, Hendrique only teaches the basic fundamentals moves. Marcelo shows the advanced.

I feel that Henrique and Paul both put a lot more needed detail in their instruction. I love to watch Marcelo roll but prefer their instructions.