Henry Akins East Coast Tour

Henry is doing a number of dates up the east coast in early March. He's helped my jiu-jitsu a lot so I'll be hosting him for his only Connecticut date, Monday, March 9th. My place is in Norwich, two miles from Mohegan Sun and about seven from Foxwoods. It's open to anyone from any school but is limited to 30 attendees total (my spot is small).

If a blue-namer could help me out: http://tinyurl.com/henryakins

He's also doing dates from southern PA to upstate NY to Cape Cod.

I highly endorse Henry. He is very articulate and may entirely change your perspective. Phone Post 3.0

I did a seminar with him once where he spent an hour on the upa. You know, the day-one mount escape most people usually give up on in favor of the elbow escape. After adding a couple of the details he showed, I was landing it on everyone, including black belts. I call it my $100 Upa.

I'm at an age when I just want to refine the stuff I already know. The way Henry teaches is perfect for that. Phone Post 3.0

SC7 - I did a seminar with him once where he spent an hour on the upa. You know, the day-one mount escape most people usually give up on in favor of the elbow escape. After adding a couple of the details he showed, I was landing it on everyone, including black belts. I call it my $100 Upa.

I'm at an age when I just want to refine the stuff I already know. The way Henry teaches is perfect for that. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Henry is a Jedi.  He shows basic techniques that most people have seen but with modifications that make them incredibly effective.  He showed a scissor sweep, which is a technique I threw out a long time ago because it was too easy to counter or get leg locked, but Henry's method requires very little energy and is extremely hard to counter with a leg lock.

His method of proper posture in closed guard that he shows is incredible.  I've had 100% success with this, including rolls against other brown belts.

Henry's techniques are moves most people SHOULD have learned at white belt.  I highly recommend you take advantage of his knowledge.

That posture is the single greatest thing I have learned in bjj Phone Post 3.0