Henry Rifles. TMA/TME

Saw this vid on the Henry Survival Rifle. Cool novelty rifle, definitely badass if you're going hiking or camping etc. 

Started looking into Henry rifles, seem like they are made in the US, pretty inexpensive and backed by a pretty strong guarantee. 

Anyone have any experience with Henry? Legit company or the HiPoint of rifles?

Vid of survival rifle:

In. I've always wanted one of their lever action rifles just for plinking.

ChrisAllen - In. I've always wanted one of their lever action rifles just for plinking.

I won one in a gun raffle. It’s in .22. Was gonna give it to my son in a couple years but I love it so he might have to wait. Took it out squirrel hunting this year and was slaying them with the iron sights and I’m not known to be the best shooter. 

I've got a golden boy. 

It's an older one that I bought from a buddy of mine. It's accurate and the fit and finish is of good quality. 

I have heard/read of quality control issues with some of their rifles, but don't remember which ones. 

Well I'm getting one of those survival rifles. $230 - $270ish, looks like

My dad has the lever action and it is a lot of fun.  I really like the survival model, haven't justified the spend yet, but I have heard good things about them.

Similar category of gun would be the Ruger Takedown

No help but in, looking for a level gun

Henry lever guns are no joke.

Made in the US and superior quality.

I have a Golden Boy .22 that I got mainly for my kids to use at the range. Eats all kinds of ammo (22 long, 22 short, etc), it's crazy accurate, and really fun to shoot.

I'm thinking about getting one in .357 magnum and 45-70...just because.

I've handled Henry levers and the action is very smooth and the fit finish also very good. I would have bought one except for the fact that you load ammo down the magazine tube instead of from a side loading gate like other lever actions. It makes topping off your rifle during shooting a pain in the ass since you have to open up the magazine tube to do it.

Made in Brooklyn until about 8 years ago.

I want one in .357. I’ve personally never shot a henry rifle but they have a great reputation in my circles

I have a Big Boy .44.  It's virtually indestructible.  My only caution is that you may need a butt pad or do your plinking with .44 Special because a high grain magnum round and the brass butt plate = shoulder damage.  It will stop any large game though. 

Henry rifle moved to northern Wisconsin a few years ago, they make the best lever rifles made today. They are as legit as they come 

Scotttbu - 

Henry rifle moved to northern Wisconsin a few years ago, they make the best lever rifles made today. They are as legit as they come 

According to their website they're in NJ:

Henry Repeating Arms
59 East 1st Street
Bayonne, NJ 07002

Factory is  one place, office the other.

e. kaye - 

Factory is  one place, office the other.

Ahhhhhh...

Very good lever guns. However I still think Marlin has the best, or at least did pre-sellout to Remington.

Not a gun guy but I want one.

The Golden Boy is cream of the crop.

Marlin>Henry>>>>>>>>>>>winchester