Herb Dean...UFC refs

I was like "How the fuck does he know Tim's arm is broken? He didn't tap, and he doesn't even look hurt! This motherfucker's got X-Ray vision?" Then, after the replay, "Oh. That's how he knows."

Great call by a great ref!

Great job by Herb. Any chance he actually heard the arm break? Mir said he heard it popping.

SecondBase I have heard fighters tell me they can hear it popping....during fights and similar subs..which is amazing considering the noise and all.....

I have been put in ankle locks and you could hear my ankle pop....but it just pops like my knuckles.

ttt for Herb Dean!

Herb Dean did a great job and made the right call IMHO.

TTT 4 DEAN!!!

Herb should have secured a few more title fights with that stoppage.

I've heard an elbow pop before from an armbar, it wasn't really loud but it was certainly audible. Herb did say that he heard the forearm snap.

When a forearm snaps like that...is sounds like cracking dry wood...or another good example is when you break a part those cheap chopsticks at chinese restuarants.

Ive known Herb for a long time now...nice guy and good to roll with.

-B

'Big John McCarthy would not have caught the arm breaking. Not a chance. He would have been too busy shoving his big ass into the camera. Then, after the obvious break, when the bone actually start to jut out, McCarthy would tackle Sylvia and break the other arm as well. What a fool. '

lol