Herb Dean = WOAT?

HumbleFighter20 - Best in the bussiness??
How many reffs are in the UFC??
Of those guys who has had more controversial calls?
He alwayyssss stop fights to soon. I have bet $$ and jokingly said "_____ by early stoppage via herb dean". People laugh and I say "just watch". Sure as shit it almost always happens.

Herb has had literally one controversial call in his career, that being the Fedor fight. Just because he doesn't have the retarded bloodlust other refs have doesn't mean he's mean Phone Post

guitarra - 
He alwayyssss stop fights to soon. I have bet $$ and jokingly said "_____ by early stoppage via herb dean". People laugh and I say "just watch". Sure as shit it almost always happens.
Herb has had literally one controversial call in his career, that being the Fedor fight. Just because he doesn't have the retarded bloodlust other refs have doesn't mean he's mean Phone Post

One?? The guy has been calling early stoppage since the beginning of his officiating career.

Seems like Herb was previously one of the best refs -- but just lately has been responsible for weird early stoppages. I I wonder what happened? Bad luck maybe? Botched execution of some rule changes? Vision problems?

Worst case hypothetical scenario would be....... fights with fixed outcomes where the fighters needed to take a dive, but were guaranteed a level of safety (IE - take a dive in round x and we promise to let the fight end before you get hurt). That's purely paranoid speculation though.

Smug Sapien - Seems like Herb was previously one of the best refs -- but just lately has been responsible for weird early stoppages. I I wonder what happened? Bad luck maybe? Botched execution of some rule changes? Vision problems?

Worst case hypothetical scenario would be....... fights with fixed outcomes where the fighters needed to take a dive, but were guaranteed a level of safety (IE - take a dive in round x and we promise to let the fight end before you get hurt). That's purely paranoid speculation though.

Do you prefer Herb's reasonable stoppages or Big John's brain trauma stoppages. Take your pick Phone Post

"How many reffs are in the UFC??"

None. The refs work for the athletic commission, not the UFC. Dana and the UFC have absolutely no control over who refs or judges the fights or how they do their jobs.

And, yes, Herb Dean is one of the best in the business.

HumbleFighter20 - The guy is known for stopping fights prematurely.
Whenever he is introduced people always groan about how bad he sucks.
Why hasn't Dana tOld him to let some of these fights go longer??

Wtf

This guy is just a fuckin troll Phone Post

A Dana white quote about reefing and early stoppages:

On the Johnson and Brenneman bout;
"Everybody on Twitter was crying about that stoppage. I agree 100 percent with that stoppage. First of all, he was on crazy legs before the kick to the head even happened. There's a fine line between stop too early and stop too late. I'll take stop too early every time over stop too late,"

Source
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/875069-dana-white-on-mma-refs-id-take-stop-too-early-every-time-over-stop-too-late

Worst refs in MMA in my opinion are Mazzigatti and Peoples. Dean and BJM are the best.

Tj was fucking done dude Phone Post

He sometimes stops fights a tad early but so has big john and every other ref

He usually stops fights early. he is good for the political side and good from a gambling perspective but he's a shitty ref if you want to see a solid fight. when a ref gets mentioned in the post-fight-he's not doing his job.

The UFC does not employ any refs! They work for the athletic commission! Stop being an idiot... The refs are in there to protect the fighters wether we think the fight should continue or not they are right in the action and can hear/see things we can't and stop the fight when neeeded. They are only human and of course will make mistakes but herb is consistently one of the best and this thread is insulting and over the line. Phone Post