Herb dean?

Is he officially a bad ref? I get that he's a name since he's always there, but he has made a lot of questionable stoppages in his day

I think if you ref as many fights as he has your bound to make some mistakes. They all have… so personally I'm willing to give him a pass

that said..... he has not been good recently

He is way past his prime.

Was that a bad call? I thought it was an OK call... A legend got ko'd at the bell in his home town, he gave him a second chance. No one wants 170lb cowboy to get ko'd in the first in Denver.

I think Herb respects the legend, and he wanted this hype train to keep going.

Problem is cowboy is not Dan Henderson and as far as Ive seen cowboy will mentally quit if things aren't going his way

"I think Herb respects the legend, and he wanted this hype train to keep going. "

It's what we want as fans but he shouldn't be playing favorites.

Never been a fan.

cowboy did not complain he knew he was done and not getting away from the cage, it was a good stop. herb saved him from a bad concussion. the bell could have absolutely sounded a millisecond different in the area.

ShanTheMan - Never been a fan.

Me either.....I'm assuming you are not a fan for the same reasons I am not (because he's black and also because he has dreadlocks)

but I try to be objective, I try to not let my steadfast hatred of black people and people who have dreadlocks influence my decision

much like Herb Dean I must try to look at this question objectively… as if he were the best kind of referee a 100% pure aryan referee with regular blonde hair

TzTinkle - "I think Herb respects the legend, and he wanted this hype train to keep going. "

It's what we want as fans but he shouldn't be playing favorites.

This, it wasn't even a red jumping in early to save a guy in trouble, cowboy was totally out of it 

This is my take on the end of the round. 

I think he was counting down in his head and jumped in when expected the horn to blow. If you listen closely, you can hear the horn hesitate a split second before it goes off really well. I think he either might have heard it before everyone else could hear it, or knew the round should have ended. 

Just my theory. Be my guest to poke holes all thru it if im way off base. 

herbs usually good