Herb needs to retire

His decision making has been getting progressively worse. He’s always out of position when stopping the Fight and he can’t see if the fighter is recovering

6 Likes

Lol. I had no dog in this fight, but that was a sound stoppage.

5 Likes

I think the stoppage was a tad early but not a terrible one compared to a lot of others. However the quality of Herb’s work has certainly declined over the last few years.

8 Likes

Dude he landed 10 unanswered blows, with a good 5 of them clean. He lost his mouth piece and his legs went out. It was a good stoppage, unless you arent talking abt the volkov fight.

4 Likes

8 Likes

As you say…it was a touch early but not the worst we have seen from Herb’s greatest hits of poor reffing recently. It is telling though, the fight is called, and Volkov and Biggie are looking at each other and Volkov is shrugging almost apologetic,…like…I didn’t call this shit…we coulda banged a lil longer kind of look.

4 Likes

2 Likes

That was an early stoppage again by Herb.

He really needs to retire, just get him some dumb title like Officer of Diversity or some shit like that to keep him happy but keep him away from fighters’ careers.

2 Likes

I just saw the fight and the stoppage was so bad. Rosenstrike wasn’t hurt that bad. He got knocked to a knee as he was ducking and popped back up immediately and Herb was stopping the fight. His bell got slightly rung but he wasn’t even on queer street.

Disgraceful stoppage and I had no true interest in this fight. I didn’t care who would win.

4 Likes

How quickly he recovered is what made it look bad. But the split second decision to stop it when he did wasn’t wrong.

6 Likes

This. He got tagged and went to queer street. Herb almost stopped it then but he recovered, just to eat another couple blows that partially dropped him and, iirc, caused him to turn his back/turtle (at best not defend). His immediate reaction after the stop made it look bad, but it was the right call in the moment. 2 more unmitigated clubs to the head and he would have been in a heap and half the internet would be complaining about a clearly late stoppage. Imho.

The stoppage warranted.That being said, Herb has been indecisive when he goes into stop a bout. This is a bad optics for him and motivates the ug’s “finest”.

100%
He needs to join Mario Yamasaki

More than anything, Volkov was just happy to get back in the win column after a disappointing performance against Tom Aspinall at UFC London back in March.

On that night, Volkov suffered a first-round submission loss, which was the quickest defeat he’s ever suffered in his UFC career.

Now he looks forward to building off this win as Volkov seeks to maintain his position as one of the top heavyweight fighters in the UFC.

“I’m really happy to come back on a win streak,” Volkov said. “I’m happy to come back with a win. I’m just happy. I did all the plan I had in this fight. Everything went perfect. Nothing went wrong. Everything’s good.”

As far as what comes next, Volkov isn’t certain who he might face with many of the heavyweights ahead of him in the rankings already booked for other fights.

While he wasn’t interested in calling out anybody by name, Volkov did address two potential rematches after he was asked about Derrick Lewis, which was a fight he was winning handily until he got caught with a late, third-round haymaker to suffer a knockout loss.

To hear Volkov tell it, that’s not really a matchup he’s looking to visit again, but there is another rematch out there that would interest him if the offer was made.

“It doesn’t matter for me about revenge or winning other fights,” Volkov explained. “I’m ready for any challenge. Any challenge would be good but maybe I want to rematch with [Ciryl] Gane because this fight was close. With Derrick Lewis, I won all the rounds and then I just took this punch. It was good for him. He was good with his punch, but anyway, I don’t feel this is a big problem for me.

“For me, I like more challenges, and right now, for me, I think that rematch with Gane because I respect him very much, about his stand-up work, about everything, it’s very interesting for me to meet him again. I’m ready for any challenge against any fighters, any time.”

The only requirement Volkov hopes to fill after Saturday is finding an opponent to allow him to move closer to title contention again. But outside of that, he’s just anxious to return home to his family.

“I understands I need some more wins to get the title shot,” Volkov said. “I’m ready for any fights to get those wins. That’s it.”

lol you’ve been conditioned to accept that was a good stoppage.

A main event top 10 HW fight and the guy is on his feet when the fight stops.

Gtfo

3 Likes

Same here I didn’t care who won, I just wanted to see a good fight

needs to retire

1 Like

^^ Which fight was this about?

Fighters get knocked out, hit the ground and/or get punched again, and the 2nd hit(s) wake them up again

They already KOed before, bros.