here comes the band wagon

ROFL - warrenoliver made a "who all can hit harder than tarver" thread!

my psychic trolling abilities are legendary,when i hide underneath the Wear bridge in Sunderland,where i live!ive had several offers from locals to take me in.

"Lol @ 'RJJ is past his prime (which was 8-10 yrs ago)'

Here come the excuses. Before the match RJJ was superman and now after the fight people are saying he was just some old guy."

Molson, I never claimed RJ was Superman. However, it's been evident that his physical abilities have been on the decline 4 a while now; even his trainer admitted as much BEFORE the fight.

I believe most boxing experts will concur that Roy reached his peak b/ween '94-'96. I believe RJJ, at that time, could've given even Sugar Ray Robinson a run 4 his money (w/Ray winning most of their fights). However, he's still a gr8 fighter, but like Ali of old, Roy's boxing prowess was hugely contingent on his superior speed and reflexes (which allowed him to perform unorthodox footwork and combos, launch unexpected punches from awkward angles, etc.) The decline of those physical attributes is certainly having a deleterious effect on his boxing skills.

However, I think a misguided fight strategy may be at least 50% responsible 4 Roy's loss. He's a counterpuncher who opened himself to get hit by being overly aggressive. Back in the day, sure, it's unlikely he'd never have been beaten to the punch like he was last night, but now that his speed and maneuverability have declined, he needs to adjust his fight strategies accordingly.

By the way, I have never cast aspersions on Tarver's skills. He's come a long way as a fighter, overcoming drug addiction, homelessness, etc., and his skillful southpaw counterpunching style presents Roy w/a challenge. RJJ should really fight a rubbermatch for the sake of the fans and for his legacy; every fighter needs a nemesis, and it looks like RJJ has finally found one! Look at how much more esteemed Ali became for fighting wars w/boxing greats such as Norton, Frazier, Liston, etc.

"Great fighters fight great fighters in great fights."

Kurt Conway, actually it was i who made the "who all can hit harder than Tarver" sarcastic thread suggestion. Here are some more for you guys:

Tarver vs. Bob Sapp, Tarver vs. Dan Gable in his prime, Tarver vs. Ken Shamrock, Tarver knows how to do the Twister, how would Tarver do with the gi on, Tarver vs Tank in a drinking contest, how are Tarver's guard passing skills, Tarver vs. Kerr, is Tarver juicing, what's Tarver's diet, Tarver vs a swarm of angry bees, Tarver vs Santa Claus, Tarver vs. Japanese tomato can, could you take Tarver.

If I think of any more, i will post.

Tarver has no aura, Tarver will tap, Tarver sucks....at losing, who can stop Tarver, Tarver to go WWE, Tarver vs. Kenpo guy....who'd win, Tarver uses the rubber guard, Tarver follows the Alkaline Diet, is Tarver training with BTT, if Tarver learned to sprawl he'd be unstoppable in mma, Tarver vs. Ettish

Tarver has no aura, Tarver will tap, Tarver sucks....at losing, who can stop Tarver, Tarver to go WWE, Tarver vs. Kenpo guy....who'd win, Tarver uses the rubber guard, Tarver follows the Alkaline Diet, is Tarver training with BTT, if Tarver learned to sprawl he'd be unstoppable in mma, Tarver vs. Ettish

classic

Him and Roy Jones Jr both suck.

thats new