Heroes

I don't know, I love the show, but there are a lot of problems. Mohinder KOs Sylar, then runs away rather than killing him? Wtf? I guess it's no more retarded than having his apartment ransacked every couple weeks by people looking for the list, but staying there anyway with his giant map with all the heroes pushpinned up on the wall.

Did we ever learn how Sylar used his powers in the power-proof Primatech cell?

Eric Roberts sucks and I can't help but feel the show kind of jumped the shark with him. He plays the part in a really stupid way; some smirky douche in casualwear does not seem like he would be Bennett's superior in a super-secret organization, and he certainly doesn't seem like he's really sharp or anythhing. Changeling girl is kind of the same way. Just doesn't seem believable at all.

Why did the techno-telepath woman pop up for one episode to say "we have to take down Primatech", then vanish? She wasn't even part of the plan to nab Bennett and was never seen again.

Why didn't the Haitian just erase Eric Roberts' memories? Or any of the higher-ups? You'd think he could bring down the whole org by himself.

When the Watchmen movie comes out, is everyone going to think they ripped off Heroes with the whole "destroy NY to unify people" thing?

NEWS FLASH: Mohinder is a sreaming pussy......

btw it seems syalr has "the voice" of that one chick, but she blew her brains out befoer he could get her power right??? and if peter turns invisible why just use the super hearing to find him and when peter turned invisible why didn't he just levitate aobe sylar and pound him......these guy need to read some comics....

now hiro meets badass future hiro is cool........

When the Watchmen movie comes out, is everyone going to think they ripped off Heroes with the whole "destroy NY to unify people" thing?

Most definately.

To me, your criticisms of last night's episode are valid. And yet...with all it's faults, I'm still loving this show. I think next week is going to be kind of a throw away episode (look at how bad things are if the good guys don't win....), but the last three episodes in the season? I'm soooooo there!

...and Hiro is still one of the best characters on television. Man, I freakin' heart Hiro!

Yeah, I definitely still love the show. It's just frustrating. Just like Buffy (my favorite show ever), and Angel (what I saw of it) -- they get so much right, like characters, dialogue, basic plots -- but make some really idiotic writing decisions that kind of spoil things (for me, at least). I can't understand how there isn't at least one guy in the writing meetings going "hey, this part is kind of stupid, get rid of that and everything will be 10x better".

Same with Lost -- like, at least have SOMEONE say or do something that explains why they all decide to curl up under a tarp on the beach rather than kick back in a king-size bed after a shower in the deserted Other village. Have SOMEONE do what ANYONE would do in these situations and not just accept some vague, riddling answer like Locke/Ben/Juliet/etc give to questions, but actually say "look, fuckface, just answer the question. Don't give a half-smile and think I'm going to drop it."

There are ways to get to the same point in the story, or keep the same mysteries mysterious, without demanding all kinds of suspension of disbelief way above and beyond the main conceit of the show.

By the way, I like Enzo better than Hiro. Hiro's a little too "sweet naive guy". I wonder if they're going to kill off Peter at the end of the season, or have him burn out all his powers? Otherwise, it seems like he'd be way too powerful for future seasons. I imagine by then he'll also have Nikki's super-strength and her husband's phasing. I wonder if he has Hiro's power and just doesn't know it yet?

Heroes is my favorite show on TV right now, but all the things you
brought up ARE frustrating. One of the big problems with the show is
there are so many different story lines going on that it can feel
fractured at times. I think most of the stories are picking up steam
except for Nikki's, it just does nothing at all for me. For the first few
episodes I thought her super power was frowning, since that's all she
seemed to do.

Still, Heroes is everything that Lost should be. The story is unraveling
and you get answers to questions while new questions are popping up.
It's nice to know that the current Heroes arc will be over at the end of
the season. Lost is a giant cluster fuck right now.

By the way, I like Enzo better than Hiro.

Enzo has really grown on me. I hope he sticks around for season 2.

One of the big problems with the show is there are so many different story lines going on that it can feel fractured at times. I think most of the stories are picking up steam except for Nikki's, it just does nothing at all for me.

My perception is that Nikki is one of the characters that is just tying things together --- the connection to Linderman, Petrelli, etc.... --- I'm not sure there's a bigger role to play in the season.

Exact same thing I was thinking, why didn't Mohinder stab Sylar with a shard of glass!? I'm thinking Peter doesn't have full mastery of his powers yet so that's why he isn't as bad ass as he should be.