heroics in cata

i was reading up about heroics in cata, it seems like thier going back to bc and classic type of instances where cc'ing mobs is helpful even required. i hope bliz keeps the new instances that way, cause running heroics in wrath is boring.
tank runs up to mobs, screams in their faces, hits them with a car door for a shield, healer falls a sleep since tank dosn't need heals, dps runs in front of tank aggroing more mobs, then dps use thier aoe's killing all one thousand mobs. and healer wakes up using flash of light healing all 100hp lost on mages health bar.

Even with the CC from the vids on beta it doesn't look very hard at all. They need to tune them a little better but the boss fights at least look neat. 

i hope they are harder too. i remember in BC the heroics were alot harder overall. there were guilds that were working to try and complete some tough heroics. i remember Heroic Shadow Labs was tricky to complete sometimes.

I think the problem is, high end gear is just too damn easy to get, which takes skill out of the equation.

Remember when you had to get 10 people together to do stratholme? Upper Blackrock Spire took 15? This was just for blue gear! To get actual decent gear you had to get 40 people together...

Now youve got 10 man "raids". Which are just as easy as any heroic. Youve got 1000 tiny guilds per server which has diluted the community to shit.

Could you imagine trying to pug MC back in the day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZMYeUbXePA&feature=player_embedded

If you frequent MMOChampion you've probably seen it.

Bare in mind they have done some heroics, and they are undergeared here.

Josh Gibson - I think the problem is, high end gear is just too damn easy to get, which takes skill out of the equation.

Remember when you had to get 10 people together to do stratholme? Upper Blackrock Spire took 15? This was just for blue gear! To get actual decent gear you had to get 40 people together...

Now youve got 10 man "raids". Which are just as easy as any heroic. Youve got 1000 tiny guilds per server which has diluted the community to shit.

good points. i remember running Strat and Scholo non stop back in the day trying to get my blue tier 0.5 gear. and if i somehow got a purple item it was truly an epic moment. now purple gear means nothing. i really wish they would consider going back to something like this.

Josh Gibson - I think the problem is, high end gear is just too damn easy to get, which takes skill out of the equation.

This is why I cancelled my account a year ago.

Heroics (and the first tier of raid content) were a JOKE right from the outset. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the appalling decision to let bad players faceroll their way to high-level epics by farming heroics that they already massively overgear. The last heroic UK run I did took a whole 14 minutes with no healer...

Hey everyone Squatdog is here... surprise surprise

Truth badmutafuka! Phone Post

gord96 - 

good points. i remember running Strat and Scholo non stop back in the day trying to get my blue tier 0.5 gear. and if i somehow got a purple item it was truly an epic moment. now purple gear means nothing. i really wish they would consider going back to something like this.
You want to go back to a time when getting an epic meant having to do at least a 20 man raid like ZG? No thanks. That shit is like herding cats. I don't agree with the "elitist" that think that somehow a 40 man or 20 man took skill, the high end shit like what Squatdog did OK sure, but not MC or ZG.  It's the same bullshit with arena right now. You can't get a weapon unless you are 1800....why?! I just got one on my lock, yet I don't play any better today than I did in Season 1 on my warrior, or S2-eternity with my hunter. I got it because I played an OP comp on a class that's fucken easy in arena. Getting purples in vanilla from MC and ZG weren't shit, all of my friends from Black Daggers on Kil Jaeden could have carried me through BWL. Instead I stuck it out with the OGers in Tards and ALM. This game shouldn't be about gear and epeen, give everyone good PvP gear and fight it out for better flying birds and shit IMO.

leglockfan -  Hey everyone Squatdog is here... surprise surprise

The only WoW thread I've posted on in what, 6 months?

LOL!

theseanster - 
gord96 - 

You want to go back to a time when getting an epic meant having to do at least a 20 man raid like ZG? No thanks. That shit is like herding cats. I don't agree with the "elitist" that think that somehow a 40 man or 20 man took skill, the high end shit like what Squatdog did OK sure, but not MC or ZG.  It's the same bullshit with arena right now. You can't get a weapon unless you are 1800....why?! I just got one on my lock, yet I don't play any better today than I did in Season 1 on my warrior, or S2-eternity with my hunter. I got it because I played an OP comp on a class that's fucken easy in arena. Getting purples in vanilla from MC and ZG weren't shit, all of my friends from Black Daggers on Kil Jaeden could have carried me through BWL. Instead I stuck it out with the OGers in Tards and ALM. This game shouldn't be about gear and epeen, give everyone good PvP gear and fight it out for better flying birds and shit IMO.

Youre kind of all over the place there man but ill try to respond to that.

Yes I would enjoy the game more if the level of difficulty were increased.

Larger raids require for you to actually do them as a guild. Nothing is more like "herding cats" than a PUG full of faceless people making fart noises in vent and rolling on shit that their class cant even wear. When you actually have to do instances as a guild, with people that you talk to online everyday it makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

As for ZG, I was never a huge fan.

Give everyone the same gear? Why give them gear at all then? There are plenty of games where you PvP and there is no way to improve your character. Thats not what MMORPGs have ever been about.

About getting carried by Black Daggers through BWL... Thats cool. I remember learning BWL with the same people that I had first killed Rag with, everyone learning the fights together failing at shit over and over and eventually downing nefarian. Ive never been "carried" through anything. I always contribute something.

theseanster - 
gord96 - 

wut?

Ive heard lots of people say Gear Score helped destroy Wow.

Squatdog - 
leglockfan -  Hey everyone Squatdog is here... surprise surprise

The only WoW thread I've posted on in what, 6 months?

LOL!

You are pretty terrible at telling time. 

i dont get why people think gearscore ruined the game

do you not think that before gearscore people didn't check what items you wear? or armory you? or before armory make you fill out a full application for a guild (since guilds were the only way you were running a successful raid back then)?

gearscore ONLY enhanced the game allowing people to make competent PUGs. guess what... if you had the first tier of epics only, and gearscore didn't exist, you wouldn't be getting in that ICC or ToC anyway. People who complain about gearscore are guys looking to get carried.

Bitters just fucked that nail on the face. 

GS is just a much easier way of setting up a raid, a successful pug before required gear checks by a knowledgable raid leader regardless.  Now you just have fewer incompetent raids. It admittedly IS harder getting into a guild without having a 5.2k+ gs, or raid groups to break a few gs "humps", but in a game where loot just drops into your hands now, can you complain about having to farm badges for a few DAYS to get into the next dungeon tier?!

I pine for the days of vanilla, but i was also a very, very serious raider.  I waited three months with 7/8 Dragonstalker, watching Vaelstrasz die week after week with no fucking belt! If i played like i do now, then, i would have never beaten Raganaros, let alone finish Naxx, yet now i'm casually whooping on the lich king. 

I can't really complain, the game has evolved to fit my less pathetic lifestyle.

"the boss fights at least look neat"

^^^^^^^^^

zOMgYAY!!@#

I'd like a happy medium...we all cant put in 40 hours a week of wow to hardcore vanilla raid for good gear. Would be cool if there was really good gear for the hardcores and some decent gear for casuals...so we can still be some what competitive. Old wow was fun but the difference between a casual and a kid with no life was huge. Blizzard was smart...they are catering to the majority which I believe is casual gamers. They want the $$$

RyPuhnie - Ive heard lots of people say Gear Score helped destroy Wow.

Gearscore is pretty retarded...not for the fact it helps with forming raids etc but the elitists and there absurd number requirements for easy content

Resilence killed pvp in my mind