Herschel Walker pondering NFL return?

It seems difficult to picture a 50 year old man playing in the NFL, but Walker's not your typical 50 year old.

If anyone will give it a try, it's Walker. Wonder what this means for his MMA career if he's got his eyes back on the gridiron?

Nearing 50, Herschel Walker is talking about an NFL comeback. To hear him tell it, Walker can still give a boost to any NFL team willing to ignore the date on his birth certificate. He turns 49 on March 3. "If I continue to stay in the shape I'm in now, I know I can play when I'm 50," Walker insisted Monday. ... "Right now, if you asked me if I can play today, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind I can play football, that I can help a team out," said Walker, whose spent his final three NFL seasons primarily as a receiver and kick returner for the Giants and Cowboys. "I can 100 percent guarantee you I can help a football team out."

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/262750?eref=sircrc#ixzz1C48PG7E2  

Herschel Walker is bad for every sport.

He's out of his mind, he was ineffective when he was 30.

wfa

in breaking news, the MN vikings are willing to trade all of there young talent to pick up this free agent. Asked why they would trade anyone just sign a free agent, Vikes reps replied "we're the vikings, what do you expect?"

Walker ran for over 1000 yards the year he was 30, so that's just silly.

A return at almost 50, however, is just stupid. Even if he somehow could contribute, it wouldn't be at any higher level than an undrafted free agent who they could pay much less money would.

Not gonna happen.

pretty sure one of his personality rushed for 1500 yards last year and is coming out of school as a junior.

I can see him returning in the UFL. A league that needs attention, they sign Herschel as a novelty act and for the publicity.

This garbage passes for news? Must be a slow ass day.