Herschel Walker wants one last fight in UFC

Via mmafighting

The 51-year-old former NCAA and NFL star -- not to mention Olympian -- hasn't fought in over two years, however, he told The Lavar Arrington Show with Chad Dukess on 106.7 The Fan in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, that he wants to fight one more time, and he wants that fight to take place inside the UFC Octagon.
"I would love to do it again," he said. "I absolutely love MMA. I think it's an excellent sport.

"If I was younger, I would be doing it right now. Because I'm a little bit older and I have a business going, I would like to do one more fight and then, I think, it's time for me step aside and give it to the young people. But I would love to do one more fight."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/12/4095508/herschel-walker-wants-to-fight-one-more-time-in-the-ufc

We have to make this happen! If toney can get a fight in the ufc than surely Herschel can.

Why not?

Yes. Why not? Phone Post

HE would generate alot of interest in the ufc and maybe bring in some nfl guys that have never given the sport a chance. If they promote this right it would sell really well.

ChokeEmOut -
Lobo8 - Why not?

Because MMA is hardly a legit "sport" as it is and he really looks embarrassing out there.

I swear you tards don't give a shit about talent or "elite" fighters but in typical fashion will accept any pathetic idea you come across.

He did good fighting in Strikeforce, let it be.

Calm down Phone Post

I'd watch it..

I remember he went full hulk mode in his last fight; just got pissed, screamed, slammed his opponent, and then finished with a vicious TKO.

I think that was his last fight, my memory might be off... Either way, the guy can fight and is very entertaining.

Add in whatever crossover fans he can bring in.. seems like a no brainer to give him a shot in the UFC against a journeyman.

Herring In A Fur Coat -

I guess I won't mind if it's against an actual UFC HW fighter.  Not the type of opponents they gave him in StrikeForce.

Is there anyone like that that wouldn't just destroy him though? Phone Post

Have him fight Schaub lol Phone Post

Bas Rutten vs Herschel Walker

ChokeEmOut - 
Lobo8 - Why not?

Because MMA is hardly a legit "sport" as it is and he really looks embarrassing out there.

I swear you tards don't give a shit about talent or "elite" fighters but in typical fashion will accept any pathetic idea you come across.

He did good fighting in Strikeforce, let it be.

The ufc is plenty legit. This is just a nice little fight that can be done on side for some entertainment. Think of it as an exhibition fight.

He would need to fight a TUF`er from season 10.

Give him Frank Mir Phone Post

He'd wreck schaub Phone Post

herschel is much better than the morons who dont wanna watch him think

Nothing like a good freak show. Phone Post

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
wufwugy - herschel is much better than the morons who dont wanna watch him think

So you think there's a HW on the UFC roster he would have a chance against?

he's stronger and faster and have more cardio than many of the guys on the roster. the question is how technically sound he has become. if it turned into a dog fight, however, dont be surprised when he hulks guys like schaub

herschel walker is one of the best athletes of a generation. he's on a whole different level athletically than just about anybody he would face

Unless it's a novelty fight against another celebrity, football player, or older fighter, I'd rather not see this. I don't think he has been training long enough to fight a legit UFC HW. I, however, am not beyond wanting to see a novelty fight on rare occasion if the participants are really training and good enough not to get hurt too badly.

Maybe get James Toney back in there. If they're gonna do a freakshow fight, might as well go all the way lol Phone Post

"Calling James Toney"

if they let him juice... sure. otherwise, no thanks.