Herschell Walker-MMA Fighter/Promoter?

Sorry if this was posted. I was just watching "1st and 10" on Espn. They had Herschell Walker as a guest and he stated that he has been training MMA and is trying to put a show together.

I have a signed football from Herschell Walker from like 10 years ago.

Greatest college running back ever, let's hope he has better luck than Johnny Morton. Herschel is 46 or so now, lol.

Athens GAs Finest

he's older now but still in great shape. be interesting to see him in with a c level fighter. a local show in georgia with him on it could generate a lot of exposure for up andcomers on the show

He was a great football player but lied out of his ass all the time. He said he made the olympic karate team. He said he's never touched a weight, and he said he has one meal a day and that usually a big mac.

I like the Upgrade's post.

I remember him saying he never lifted weights

Walker is a karate black belt, but I don't know about making the Olympic team.

He does claim to have never used weights. Just lots of push ups , sit ups, squats and sprints. Hall of Fame defensive lineman Howie Long also claims he never used weights until the later part of his career.

Better when he was in the USFL. Barry Sanders was the best "running back" coll/pro ever. And I a a fan of Walter Payton, the greatest football player ever.

Was it just me or did Herschel look like he was in his mid 20's on ESPN yesterday? I thought they were interviewing somebody for the NFL draft. He's obviously doing something right with his training and nutrition.

He was a huge karate fan in the 80s. Glad to see he moved with the times.

Didn't he recently come out with a book where he claimed he had multiple personality disorder?

Marve1 -  Didn't he recently come out with a book where he claimed he had multiple personality disorder?

Yes. Sorry Traven, he's nutty as a fruit cake. Great football player though.

carlton haselrig former Steeler lineman (42 years old) is fighting in an MMA show soon

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08100/871612-66.stm

Get me his contact info, we will put him on!!

The Upgrade - I have a signed football from Herschell Walker from like 10 years ago.

That is worth some money, I got one too.

from wikipedia

Walker was an extremely talented all-around athlete; he has a sixth-degree black belt in tae kwon do and he nearly made the Olympic team in the sprint relay. He ran the 100 meters in 10.22, the 100 yards in 9.3. He competed in the 1992 Winter Olympics in two-man bobsled, finishing seventh.[10] He also won back-to-back American Superstars competitions in 1987 and 1988. Walker stated in a phone interview on The Jim Rome Show on November 20, 2006 that he still performs 2,500 sit-ups and 1,500 push ups every morning. He has been going through this same routine every morning since high school.

Go EAGLES

Rali -
Marve1 - Didn't he recently come out with a book where he claimed he had multiple personality disorder?

Yes. Sorry Traven, he's nutty as a fruit cake. Great football player though.

Dooley's response was the best, "I liked the one that carried the football."