Hevy Devy elicits awesome reactions with Kingdom

This song has garnered amazing reactions from vocal coaches and reviewers alike with this killer live performance. Some of the women are even brought to tears. Devin Townsend really is a musical genius.

https://youtu.be/P26hLJXEoug

1 Like

Skip the first dude. Start at 5:05. 

1 Like

Fucking Christ Stray, l love that dudes voice. I love a scream singer but then they’ve also got operatic voice as well. It’s rare. Thank you for this. I just bought this song off of iTunes and I’ll be throwing around some heavy weights tomorrow on back day thanks to you. Have a great Christmas dude. 

1 Like
Hornethak -

Fucking Christ Stray, l love that dudes voice. I love a scream singer but then they’ve also got operatic voice as well. It’s rare. Thank you for this. I just bought this song off of iTunes and I’ll be throwing around some heavy weights tomorrow on back day thanks to you. Have a great Christmas dude. 

Look up Strapping Young Lad. Devon is really a hidden treasure of metal. I saw the videos that made this a viral reaction video. He made one of the most popular vocal coaches on YouTube cry and another went beyond giving him fuck eyes and looked like she seriously wet her panties.

As far as the question the guy asked about where he has been he's one of those musicians that is willing to tank his notoriety to push his creativity. The whole reason he started going by Strapping Young Lad is he had made a huge name for himself working as a vocalist for Steve Vai, but was unhappy being known for doing other people's music but didn't want people buying his original music because he's "the guy that sang for Steve Vai". It's a respectable and rare trait these days. Maybe this viral 15 minutes will turn a younger crowd onto his stuff.

Amazing

Such an awesome performance, would love to see Townsend live

I’ve met tons of famous musicians in my life, but Devin stands out as the most down to Earth and personable by a million miles. The first time I met him, we talked for a good 45 minutes about music.

As a musician, he’s one of very few I would classify as a genius.

MysteryOpponent -

I’ve met tons of famous musicians in my life, but Devin stands out as the most down to Earth and personable by a million miles. The first time I met him, we talked for a good 45 minutes about music.

As a musician, he’s one of very few I would classify as a genius.

My kid is an amazing, but eccentric musician on the high on the Autism Spectrum so I’ve become pretty good at identifying traits in other musicians. He’s definitely high functioning which probably explains why he almost runs from fame by switching up his when he starts getting recognition. I’ve met tons of other musicians that have similar intricacies. They are just fans of the music and creativity first and foremost. Everything else is just details.

Hornethak -

Yeah he’s a freak. Steve Vai recognized the talent at a very young age. 

Did he used to have like a 3-foot skullet? I think I’ve seen him (I thought SYL was the band name, or is it the name he himself goes by?) live 2 or 3 times, if I’m thinking of the same guy. 

Pilgor the goat -

Did he used to have like a 3-foot skullet? I think I’ve seen him (I thought SYL was the band name, or is it the name he himself goes by?) live 2 or 3 times, if I’m thinking of the same guy. 

Yes Strapping Young Lad was his band with Gene Hoglan on drums.

Pilgor the goat -

Same guy. He was in SYL and then the Devin Townsend Project and now he simply goes by Devin Townsend. 

![](upload://w9eszo1yf3XKK4IbPz4TQsme7iV.jpeg)

He has a bunch of live, quarantine videos up now playing with different people. He does a few SYL songs. Look up Aftermath, bad ass song.

Pilgor the goat -

SYL was the band, but he had the majority of creative control so it was kind of a mix of the two.

Red Dougie -
Pilgor the goat -

SYL was the band, but he had the majority of creative control so it was kind of a mix of the two.

Yup. It was his band.