Hey BJJ nerds, how do I finish from here?

Your talking self-defense…Once I achieve top position and get a lock (kimura or whatever you want to call it) I am not going to get off the guy to attempt to punch him or do some fancy cloth hold. I will keep my lock, thank you very much.

sankyo - Your talking self-defense...Once I achieve top position and get a lock (kimura or whatever you want to call it) I am not going to get off the guy to attempt to punch him or do some fancy cloth hold. I will keep my lock, thank you very much.

There's some merit to that. Its situational. The times I used it were when I was attempting to cuff alone, the guy wouldn't give me his hand and I wasn't in a secure place.

You can't submit the guy with a kimura and then he says, "ok, you got me... I give." He doesn't know he is in a kimura. You also can't rip a guys arm and shoulder off and take it home with you for just not giving his hand up.

This is an easy way to tie a guy up with one hand so you can scan, reset or stall.

In my opinion, that position you are asking about is at least two steps away from a finish. It is a very dominant position though.

It's really good for the sprawling type of kimura too..

and if the hand isn't covered, there's a wristlock just sitting there.

RumpleStiltskinBJJ -

In my opinion, that position you are asking about is at least two steps away from a finish. It is a very dominant position though.

Oh for sure. I know I have to do more but I'm not a bjj guy so I don't know what the fuck the best thing to do is after.