Hey MMA: Let's do something nice for Strange Brew

I really hope he accepts our donations. But even if he doesnt, at least he'll know that there are some people who care about what happened to him, and wish him all the best.

Ttt

done.

Man he got a raw deal from what that article says. Thompson and Gibson don't come off too well in that article.

The dark side of reality tv is an eye-opening one. What a fantastic article produced by Chuck.

Jason was just too inexperienced for that show, granted he agreed to commit to the show, but the producers knew he would be a sacrificial lamb.

I hope my small donation helps as I don't have much else to offer him. He had more guts than I ever will to take a chance on that show.

That whole thing with pissing on the bed....

Always thought both koscheck and leben were assholes because of it. I do believe it was those two, correct? The "spritz". One did it and the other pumped his tires. Phone Post 3.0

Has anyone ever asked him if he appreciated the Strange Brew nickname?

Leben called him that to make fun of him and Florian added to the Strange Brew name because he said he smelled.

I know it's small considering all the other things Jason has experienced, but it seems kind of messed up to continue calling him by a nickname he might not like.

The Cats Masher - In!
Great cause, I have nothing but respect for Jason. I hope we can make his and his family's life a little easier. Phone Post 3.0
^^^^ ! Phone Post 3.0

its one thing that he was set up to be a sacrificial lamb....signed to the deal and thrust into the show without medications the next fucking day....

its quite another that people from his country.....and even worse, his home area.....not only turned their backs on him but literally assailed him

that's fucking sad

I hope he finds some peace

Great cause IMO

TTT

edwims -

its one thing that he was set up to be a sacrificial lamb....signed to the deal and thrust into the show without medications the next fucking day....

its quite another that people from his country.....and even worse, his home area.....not only turned their backs on him but literally assailed him

that's fucking sad

I hope he finds some peace

This! Canadians are supposed to be uber nice! They kept challenging this guy solely because they saw him as a measuring stick for "an MMA fighter"

Sad tale. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.gofundme.com/jasonthackertuf1

Very happy this is a sticky

William C - Man he got a raw deal from what that article says. Thompson and Gibson don't come off too well in that article.

Tompkins RIP produced some good great talent and could have produced more along with he could have continued on as one of the best corner men in the sport, but at the time he had no one for TUF 1 weight divisions that was much good. Lance Gibson is still around. Has had over a decade and produced no top UFC level talent. Both should have had Thacker's back. if Tompkins were around today I think he'd be ashamed of his attitude towards Thacker today now knowing Thackers story.

In Phone Post 3.0

Wriggling Grunion - He looks like Roy Nelson crossed with Haley Joel Osment.
Nailed it! Not to make light of his situation of course, seems like a genuine dude who's naivety was taken advantage of. Phone Post 3.0

ShadowPM - It would be much cooler than all of us fake millionaires donating pennies if the cast of tuf1 helped out. Phone Post 3.0
I don't have twitter, but those that so should link the thread Phone Post 3.0

Perfer Et Obdura - Has anyone ever asked him if he appreciated the Strange Brew nickname?

Leben called him that to make fun of him and Florian added to the Strange Brew name because he said he smelled.

I know it's small considering all the other things Jason has experienced, but it seems kind of messed up to continue calling him by a nickname he might not like.
This is a good point. It really doesn't sound like the sort of nickname most people would appreciate.

It's sad to hear his story but I'm glad that he's been strong enough to still be here. Phone Post 3.0

CindyO, please make sure Dana sees the original article. Snow in the drive-way and all, Dana always seems like a legit dude when people need help. Much respect.

I'm a cheap bastard, and I donated. Phone Post 3.0

One of the best articles about MMA I've read.

Donated, but would love to see Dana in here. I'm not saying he owes him anything but Dana always seemed a good dude with this kind of thing... and always seemed a good guy in person.

Hope this helps. Phone Post 3.0

Great to see the compassion. Guy deserves it. Bad hand dealt! Very touched, especially be the speed the donations are adding up! Good on you UG Phone Post 3.0