Hey og internet savy peeps

Any way I can download free music without getting a shit ton of viruses? I desperately need some new music and I'm broke. Used to be all about frost wire, two lap tops later I have learned my lesson. I have tried the torrent route, but alas, I'm a bit of a tech retard and couldn't figure that shit out. My first laptop had tons of music on it but it went out on me and I lost it all :( I has a sad. Any help is appreciated! Phone Post 3.0

What kind of music are you looking for?

https://bandcamp.com/
Alot of artists will post their music for free on Bandcamp or they will let you name your own price when you buy their music.

Soundcloud.  Then just download them.  You can't find 100% of songs, but damn near 98% you can find and downlaod easily straight to your harddrive. 

There are programs that can convert youtube videos to mp3s, I've never used them so I can't recommend one.

SalaciousCrumb - Get a job and pay for it, leech. Phone Post 3.0
Have a job, still can't pay for it. Leech I shall be. Phone Post 3.0

BBC_Fighting -

Soundcloud.  Then just download them.  You can't find 100% of songs, but damn near 98% you can find and downlaod easily straight to your harddrive. 

What is this SoundCloud you speak of. Phone Post 3.0

Groveshark.com, Im not sure how legal it is to be honest, but pretty much everything can be found here.

You really cant afford one of the subscription baised music streaming services for less than $10 per month?

youtube-mp3.org

paste the youtube link of the song u want.. hit convert then hit download Phone Post 3.0

What's a good pay site these days?

ptper - What's a good pay site these days?
spotify? Phone Post 3.0

greenbeen - Groveshark.com, Im not sure how legal it is to be honest, but pretty much everything can be found here.

You really cant afford one of the subscription baised music streaming services for less than $10 per month?
Well I can sometimes, but not every month. I'd have to buy a subscription, download a ton of music, and then unsubscribe. Would that work? I'll check out the places that have been listed so far, thanks guys. Phone Post 3.0

StevetheWeasel -
Tiresias - 

Get a cassette recorder at radio shack. Find the song you want on youtube, then hold the cassette recorder up to your computer speakers to record it. The cassette player is portable, so you can get your "tunes" on the go.

This.

It's technically illegal, though. But as long as you only do it for yourself, and don't try to sell tapes through the mail, or something, you should be fine.
I was all about doing this ten years ago lol. I'd always fuck up and miss the first 30 seconds of the song though. But I'd jam the fuck out to the other 2:30 on my sweet ass boom box. Phone Post 3.0

I use the paid version of Google play music. And as mentioned, spotify is used by many. Phone Post 3.0

reagan123 -
I use the paid version of Google play music. And as mentioned, spotify is used by many. Phone Post 3.0
Used both, Google play wins. Phone Post 3.0

Shit the free version of Spotify was all I needed. Phone Post 3.0