HG: Lets back Panos for Mayor











Panos for Progress!



- He's Greek. And he comes across a little odd.  But who cares. May be the best man (or woman) lead. 



- He wants to repeal the excise tax.  He wants to streamline the fat, inefficient beauracracy. 



- He's a UH professor, but not one of those ultra-liberal types. He's an engineer, so you know he's got some intelligence.



- He's for maintenance, not continued building. This is HUGE. Hawaii elected officials like to build things, but never budget for their upkeep. ie. UH Manoa, Aloha Stadium, State and County roads, the Sewage system. 



and most importantly...



- He's not a career politician. We need to start kicking out the entrenched do-nothings who get into office and stay there their whole life. The Founding Fathers planned elected office to be a temporary civic duty, not a career calling.



http://panosforprogress.ning.com/ 

Sorry Pat, you lost me at "He's a Geek".



How do you expect him to strong-arm the unions?

I would but I cant even understand him half of the time

 Who cares they all end up the same in the end!



*back to not discussing politics or religon!

NECKCRANK808 - I would but I cant even understand him half of the time

i understand Kobayashi and Mufi fine, but they make no sense. so i'd call it a wash.

I'm on board.....

PatrickFreitas - 
NECKCRANK808 - I would but I cant even understand him half of the time

i understand Kobayashi and Mufi fine, but they make no sense. so i'd call it a wash.



lol

i'm backin panos!

no way i go for kobayashi cause i get elementary school hella flashbacks from that kinda image.

no f'ng way i go mufi as our road still look worst than shit. and he promised that mutha fahkah.

besides the fact that he against the rail what else does he offer or even know about politics

I fear he will be the biggest fag in politics and will not know how to handle anything

and kobayashi is as slimy as they get

Not a big fan of Mufi because I think he is the biggest self promoter there has ever been so who will do the best job


I vote for none of the above

^you know Panos isnt an entrenched career politician...that alone makes him better than the rest.

i actually feel Mufi has done a decent job, and don't feel like starting over with someone new is a good option at this point.

Now if Panos said he was pro gambling then you've got yourself a vote!

I support panos 10000%! He is the ONLY candidate that has offered real, affordable, and sensible solutions for hawaii. I didn't take him seriously when I first heard him and also didn't understand him. But it was when I heard him at both debates when I realized he is a GREAT candidate for mayor that hasn't been corrupted yet and actually cares about hawaii's present and future. Please look past the accent and really look at his ideas and you'll agree he should be mayor.

if you saw the debate, he never flinched at the samoans verbal bullying. his answers showed that he wasn't just about anit-rail, but had some knowledge about how things worked in the city. w/ djou, dela cruz, kobayashi, and marshall on the council, we (citizens) might actually get some , what did mufi call it, basic needs addressed. let's not stop at voting in popadopalus, but check your councilperson if he/she is worth keeping. i've got sorry ass cachola and i'd vote anyone to replace his stupid ass.

i hope they have greek food at his rally's. see you all on election day.

Im still undecided.. I like the fact that Panos isn't a typical politician, something different but I dont like how he said that if the people voted for rail, he would ask for a re-vote. If the majority want rail, we should have it.
Where does he live? Does he know what daily traffic is like for the people on the west side? Not everyone can catch the bus or car pool, I'd have to catch 2 or 3 different buses just to get to school, and some people work 12 our days and cant be spending more time waiting for buses

I do like how Mufi gives our beach parks back to the community, especially since their's room in the shelters for more homeless, but damn there's gotta be a cheaper rail out there.

Kobayashi, boooo! She lost my vote after she filed at the last minute, so that Duke Bainum, a guy that deserted Hawaii after he lost his last race, got her spot uncontested.

I still think panos will end up being a pussy and we will all hate him

no one likes a pussy but everyone wants some

mufi is taxing us like mad just so he can play w/ the federal big wigs to get cash. he's eyeing governor or congress for his next gig.

kobayashi isn't confident enough to leave her council seat to pursue the mayor job and she slyly ensured that no one could take her spot in council.

panos is a UH prof so he's experience in treading in politics and bueacracy. he's right about the rail not alleviating traffic. also, from an email from a neighbor states, "He is an engineering professor who says that 80% of Honolulu's problems are engineering related: infrastructure, sewers, roads, etc. The other 20% are safety issues."

panos could be honolulu's harry kim.

if he promises to make life hell for those already in office, he's got my vote--even if he gets nothing done.

wannaberich - mufi is taxing us like mad just so he can play w/ the federal big wigs to get cash. he's eyeing governor or congress for his next gig.

kobayashi isn't confident enough to leave her council seat to pursue the mayor job and she slyly ensured that no one could take her spot in council.

panos is a UH prof so he's experience in treading in politics and bueacracy. he's right about the rail not alleviating traffic. also, from an email from a neighbor states, "He is an engineering professor who says that 80% of Honolulu's problems are engineering related: infrastructure, sewers, roads, etc. The other 20% are safety issues."

panos could be honolulu's harry kim.


I agree except Mufi is taxing us to pay for all his fuckin commercials

Panos, Panos, Panos.....

If Panos doesn't support rail, what does he support to alleviate traffic. He was teaching at the college of engineering when I was going, but I was a mechanical and he is a civil professor so I never took any classes from him. He is supposed to be the local expert on traffic. When I have time, I'll check out his website to see what he brings to the table.

I'm pro-rail. Let's get it started already.