HG Sheepdogs, your opinion on...

sorry

thought I disguised it enough

(in best TX accent) oops

Aloha kakou. First of all, much respect to the many good, hard-working LEO's out there doing a mostly thankless job. I hadn't intended to have my first post on the HG be on such a serious subject. I've always lurked on here for the laughs.

Let me start by saying that I have friends and family members in law enforcement both here and on the mainland and apart from some youthful indiscretions have not had any problems with the police. In regards to the OP's question, IMO being a cop is dangerous and unfortunately it will probably only get worse if police and sheriff's departments nationwide don't address the problems eroding the public's trust and confidence in them. Shootings of unarmed and sometimes innocent suspects are in the news every day. SWAT teams serving no-knock drug warrants on non-violent offenders in the middle of the night often subjecting children, innocent bystanders, and sometimes wrongly targeted civilians to the terrifying experience of having their doors kicked in by heavily armed paramilitary squads have become the norm. The ensuing lack of transparency and accountability in the wake of not only questionable officer-involved shootings but cases of corruption, abuse of power, etc. only add fuel to the fire and contribute to entire communities' fear and mistrust of law enforcement.

Lucky we live Hawaii and incidents like the above-mentioned are mostly non-existent. However, it would be a mistake to ignore the American public's outcry. Without accountability local LEO's and their departments are not immune from the law-abiding public's changing image of them.

Again, much respect to my friends and family in law enforcement. May you all return home safely after each and every shift.

Now please get back to the serious business of cracking me up.

Verbal_Kint, welcome. Thanks for contributing.

Now show your tits! Phone Post 3.0

hi kkm

sorry, where are my manners.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-doZyP7ivRvY/URO_TPEOMmI/AAAAAAAAAX4/SAsRIM6TSto/s400/Jenny+Useldinger.jpg

maybe one of the colored folk can help. they are worth seeing if you like athletic gals!

I'd post but no nips rules. Phone Post 3.0

I don't post Nips, I post NUBS

Phone Post 3.0

BIOACTIVATED

...like my kacken.

KyokushinCatch - thanks Adversary, and good luck with what we spoke about

funny, I've battled 2 pit bulls (okay, 1 was a mix), but at the same time

was plainclothes, so no baton, just a clipboard - and knocking at a front door on a follow-up at a residence within a large, gated yard

suddenly I heard/felt fast footsteps approaching - saw the 2 dogs running up to me. no way to avoid or evade, and knowing that if I reacted like prey (run), I'd get my ass handed to me. I don't know where I got the idea, but I threw both hands up bear-like and yelled deep and loud. swear to God, both dogs stopped in their tracks to assess. I knew it wouldn't last, and considered shooting the most aggressive dog. I was still holding the clipboard in 1 hand, and when the pit lunged at me, used a 2 hand grip and smacked that thing across the head, knocking him to the side. 2nd 1 lunged and he caught the backhand stroke. it went on like that for about 10 seconds until the owner appeared and restrained his dogs.

my wooden clipboard was creased, but held up

oh, and I had "backup" - a female officer who stayed outside of the fence and was 100% useless throughout

Thanks, KC. I appreciate you taking the time for a chat.

Lol, that's one hell of a tactical clipboard!

I'm REALLY REALLY surprised that the female officer didn't jump in to help /sarcasm. Probably for the best, since you would've ended up having to save her.

Guy on the OG just posted pics of his wounds from a single pit attack. Nasty stuff. Guess he didn't have a clipboard.

KyokushinCatch - btw, not trying to be a '1-upper,' just how that story unfolded

Not taken as such, brother. That was a good story!

i wish i could catch all the animal cruelty fucks and eat them.

please don't eat me FC, it was self-defense!

lol kc, not the response to the crazy, but the owner who made their dogs crazy. food.