High end watch question

Buddy of mine is wealthy. He’s been waiting almost a year for a Rolex to either be in stock or finished or whatever the fuck.

But aren’t there other watches that wealthy people get that aren’t as notorious as Rolex? Like it’s still a high quality watch and people that know high end watches would understand.

Hublot is where it’s at.

![image|231x500](upload://iwqqyYrhlAzTCynDEoUCzflxPLG.jpeg

Lol I don’t get it

1 Like

Rolex is making more watches than ever. China is buying them all. It’s virtually impossible to get most models right now. People want things they can’t have.

2 Likes

Richard Mille

2 Likes

I just had my Submariner stolen. Got the insurance and couldn’t believe non in stock. The lady heard my story and found me a Sea Dweller which was about $5K more than the Submariner and I can sell it right now for $12K more lol

4 Likes

Audemars, omega

1 Like

If your friend is an extremely wealthy person that has to have what others can’t:
-Roger W. Smith or George Daniels.

Those two would be followed by:
-Patek Phillip, JLC, A Lange & Sohne, A.P.

These next would be Rolex “equivalent”, even though some are of a higher quality:
-Grand Seiko, Omega, IWC.

There are plenty of others but that should get you started.

7 Likes

Tudor
Basically the same watch as a Rolex just slightly less building material quality. Same parent company like GMC and Chevrolet.

2 Likes

You’re exactly right but most people buy an expensive watch to make a statement and have as a status symbol. Tudor doesn’t fit the bill, and neither do most of the other brands listed in the thread. People buy a Rolex because everyone knows what is and they know it’s expensive.

4 Likes

Breitling
Tag
Montblanc
Hublot

My buddy also has a few.

1 Like

I have a mid 60’s stainless Rolex.

I love it.

It was my grandfather’s.

I would NEVER buy a Rolex.

really depends on who you’re trying to impress.

if you just want a watch so you can pick up bitches a replica rolex will do the job these days

if you want a watch that will impress people who would know you have a fake rolex many of the brands mentioned here will do the trick

I agree, rolexs are a good douchebag detector. Personally I would take a grand seiko over a Rolex.

3 Likes

So if you own a Rolex you’re a douche bag? Somebody is jelly

7 Likes

I’m a timepiece fan. I get compliments on my mid range brands on a regular basis. I think you are correct in the general sense, but there are a lot of watch fans out there… the problem is that they are mostly dudes.

1 Like

I agree

1 Like

I own numerous high-end time pieces, and none are Rolex. People who wear Rolex remind me of those who carry Louis Vuitton monogram luggage.

3 Likes

People who don’t know much about watches, fixate on Rolex. Rolex owners fixate on Patek Philippe watches.

I’ve had several Rolex over the years. All have gained in value. I about coughed up a nut recently, when I saw what people are paying for GMT II’s now. It has been my daily for over a decade, but it now selling for more than triple what it cost me. I’m CLOSE to putting it in the safe, and buying a Citizen for a daily. If the value goes much higher, I will.

Or, maybe, I’ll trade it and my “red” 1680 Submariner for a Patek…

3 Likes

Omega guy here, I have a beater moonwatch that’s my daily. Also have a speedmaster auto with blue dial that was a Japanese only release…that was my daily until I bought the moonwatch.

I don’t think I’d ever buy a Rolex.

6 Likes