High end watch question

I think Grand Seiko does have the reputation commensurate with the price. They are well respected watches.

With that said, I don’t understand the yacht master. Maybe if i already had a daytona and a submariner it could be used to round out the collection.

2 Likes

I DO HAVE BOTH

3 Likes

never will as long as shares the seiko name.

they didn’t name lexus “grand toyota,” infiniti “grand nissan,” or accura “grand honda,” did they?

dumb.

the gs “logo” (initials) followed by spelling out the name is idiotic too.

and why is the font (gothic) more germanic than japanese?

3 Likes

If you own a Yachtmaster you better have a fucking yacht.

1 Like

and if you own a submariner you better have a fucking sub.

1 Like

I completely agree

Damn right.

Not just own one but race it. Otherwise the countdown timer is useless. I have worked on a ridiculous number of yacht timers, and every time I’m like… Why? I hope they’re using it for something other than the 5 minutes before a boat race. Maybe egg boiling.

1 Like

1 Like

Akchually

Submariner is someone who scuba dives. Submareener is someone on a submarine.

Edit: but they are spelled the same.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I must say, that Green SM is a win for Omega. Looks great.

Awesome GMT. Sapphire bezel is a cool feature.

Brahs: how much will a black seamaster automatic with steel bracelet cost from authorized dealer, after all the discounts and rebate type stuff?

8,250aud.

If you do the conversion to USD you’ll be pretty close to auth dealer price I reckon.

1 Like

Thanks partner. The US sites I’ve checked have prices that match that in USD (about 5600).

I’m having an existential crisis on whether I want to spend that much for a watch. The two I love most are Tudor BB58 and the Omega Seamaster

1 Like

lol.

2 Likes

I really want a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36, but I could probably live with the Tudor BB36 at half the price, if you can even find the damn Rolex.

gs: fuck yes, nomos: no (love, but not over omega), tudor: fuck no (homage).

1 Like