High Percentage Triangle Escape - Leaning - Scully

Well since the last video that I shared with you was 52 triangle choke set ups in just a few minutes, I figured it was only right to share with you my favorite and highest percentage triangle choke escape when my opponent has it pretty locked in with my arm across and I don't have the ability to posture up.

Triangle chokes are the most common attacks and highest percentage submissions that you'll come across in grappling so it's extremely important that you have a good defensive arsenal for against this submission, especially when your opponent has their legs locked in.

Hope it helps,

Jason Scully

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Instructional videos don't get as much attention in the Atama forum it seems anymore :-( Phone Post 3.0

Ha.
Do one on The Schaub, and people'll be all over it.

Regards this one: Ryan Hall refers to it as 'The Roger Gracie Defence' on his triangle DVD set.
I managed to make it work against a world champion, would you believe...?

Ryan doesn't really go into the detail of the defence, so much as the counter to it, so I kind of worked out that you blocked their hip with your free arm, so that when you shoot the trapped arm across, they can't follow you, and end up on their side.

The tips regarding keeping the pressure on their leg, and opening the triangle, are well appreciated: thank you.

Like it. It's a better instructional than the others I've seen on this move too :-)

GrahamJ - Ha.
Do one on The Schaub, and people'll be all over it.

Regards this one: Ryan Hall refers to it as 'The Roger Gracie Defence' on his triangle DVD set.
I managed to make it work against a world champion, would you believe...?

Ryan doesn't really go into the detail of the defence, so much as the counter to it, so I kind of worked out that you blocked their hip with your free arm, so that when you shoot the trapped arm across, they can't follow you, and end up on their side.

The tips regarding keeping the pressure on their leg, and opening the triangle, are well appreciated: thank you.
I'll have to add Shaubing to my filming list so then I can get some more views lol. Phone Post 3.0

Great vid as usual. Thanks.

Jason, this is a great video and much more useful than your 1001 chokes in 4 seconds types of videos. Those videos are an impressive display of your grappling skills but move so fast I don't get much out if it. When you slow down and show technique...Wowzer! Would love to see you put out instructional dvds for sale.

Stubbsy - Like it. It's a better instructional than the others I've seen on this move too :-)
Thanks Phone Post 3.0

nice , i use that escape a lot.
Any tips about protecting that right arm?
At about 120 in the vid, a training partner of mine, keeps the triangle locked, get close, switchs two hands to the right arm, hugs the forearm to their hip and belly, then they hip in and lean away creating an americana type shoulder lock.

Good shit man. I let some triangles get sunk at open mat today. It worked out really well. Thanks.

very nice. thx! Phone Post 3.0

Mrbrownfolks - Good shit man. I let some triangles get sunk at open mat today. It worked out really well. Thanks.

Great! ...so far been getting a good amount of messages of people who have used this with a lot of success so far.

newbiegrappler - Jason, this is a great video and much more useful than your 1001 chokes in 4 seconds types of videos. Those videos are an impressive display of your grappling skills but move so fast I don't get much out if it. When you slow down and show technique...Wowzer! Would love to see you put out instructional dvds for sale.
I try to get something up for everyone :-) Phone Post 3.0

Looks great, will have to attempt soon. Phone Post 3.0

nobadanymore - I used this three times tonight by allowing myself to get caught.
Good video. Thanks, Jason. Phone Post
Awesome! Phone Post 3.0

Fantastic as always. How do you remember all those techniques? Phone Post 3.0

Cheers VU Phone Post 3.0

Thank you for the video. Very helpful details. Phone Post 3.0

Nice Phone Post 3.0