High Profile Towel Throw Possible

Trevor Whittman is one of the top proponents of towel throwing in MMA. He has shown great care for his fighters before–his calling the Marquardt fight was one of the most humane acts I’ve seen from a corner in MMA.

We all know that Justin is capable of absorbing unbelievable amount of damage. If Khabib puts in 2-3 rounds that look like Conor Khabib round 2, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Trevor preventing the fight from going into rounds 4 or 5.

3 Likes

Actually an excellent observation. 

1 Like
wiggum - Trevor Whittman is one of the top proponents of towel throwing in MMA. He has shown great care for his fighters before--his calling the Marquardt fight was one of the most humane acts I've seen from a corner in MMA.

We all know that Justin is capable of absorbing unbelievable amount of damage. If Khabib puts in 2-3 rounds that look like Conor Khabib round 2, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Trevor preventing the fight from going into rounds 4 or 5.

My bigger concern is a premature stoppage by a referee. I don't want to see either guy (more likely Gaethje, IMO) get beaten into oblivion, but I'd hate for the ref to step in way too soon.

Championships I want to see them go out. Sorry but that's just the truth 

3 Likes
dinkledorf - 

I think corner stoppages can be epic: Sak v. Royce, Ali v. Fraizer 3, Max v. T-City.

The legend of those fights increases in my eyes thanks to the towels.

wiggum - 
dinkledorf - 

I think corner stoppages can be epic: Sak v. Royce, Ali v. Fraizer 3, Max v. T-City.

This thread didn't get enough responses.  Excellent topic.

Good observation OP

knockoutfighter -

Good observation OP

Justin is going to be the one delivering the punishment

wiggum - Trevor Whittman is one of the top proponents of towel throwing in MMA. He has shown great care for his fighters before--his calling the Marquardt fight was one of the most humane acts I've seen from a corner in MMA.

I thought the corner couldn’t stop it

wiggum - 
dinkledorf - 

GSP vs Penn 2

wiggum - Trevor Whittman is one of the top proponents of towel throwing in MMA. He has shown great care for his fighters before--his calling the Marquardt fight was one of the most humane acts I've seen from a corner in MMA.

Khabib is a good ground and pounder, but he is more controlling and grinding than devastating. Conor came back to win round 3 after round 2. How many GnP TKOs does Khabib have? Most of his stoppages are by submissions. A Lot less capable wrestlers, less durable guys have survived Khabib’s GnP over the course of the fight than Gaethje.

Trevor, I’m sure, knows this.

Lol. They might throw in the towel for Khabib. I can't wait til Justin knocks him out and I can rub it in all you Khabib nut huggers faces.

3 Likes
JThomasufc91 -

Lol. They might throw in the towel for Khabib. I can't wait til Justin knocks him out and I can rub it in all you Khabib nut huggers faces.

I want to believe

JThomasufc91 -

This^^^^

JThomasufc91 - 

Man, I made a whole thread breaking this fight down and presenting multiple ways I think Justin can win. Take a chill pill.

Colby Covid19ington - 
wiggum - Trevor Whittman is one of the top proponents of towel throwing in MMA. He has shown great care for his fighters before--his calling the Marquardt fight was one of the most humane acts I've seen from a corner in MMA.

Khabib is a good ground and pounder, but he is more controlling and grinding than devastating. Conor came back to win round 3 after round 2. How many GnP TKOs does Khabib have? Most of his stoppages are by submissions. A Lot less capable wrestlers, less durable guys have survived Khabib’s GnP over the course of the fight than Gaethje.

Trevor, I’m sure, knows this.

I hear you, but his most brutal beat downs (Johnson and Edson) were three round fights. Those fights should not have been allowed to go to rounds 4 & 5 if they were scheduled for that long.

Gaethje aint Marquardt.

Taco Muncher -

My bigger concern is a premature stoppage by a referee. I don't want to see either guy (more likely Gaethje, IMO) get beaten into oblivion, but I'd hate for the ref to step in way too soon.

That's what they do. Time and time and time again.

wiggum -
JThomasufc91 - 

Man, I made a whole thread breaking this fight down and presenting multiple ways I think Justin can win. Take a chill pill.

I respect your knowledge and opinion. But I highly disagree that a towel will be thrown in to save Justin from anyone. 

1 Like