High school football down south

Is it like varsity blues ? Huge crowd attendance and parties Friday nights whipped cream bikini sluts bangin who ever is qb?

Local hs plays in a college stadium , the attendance for the hs dwarfs the college teams . Fb is very serious here. Not as fanatical as west Texas ball , but not far from it .

ChomskyBlackBelt -
fastnotch331 - Local hs plays in a college stadium , the attendance for the hs dwarfs the college teams . Fb is very serious here. Not as fanatical as west Texas ball , but not far from it .

Totally IN.

As a Canadian I find this really interesting. Could you explain what it’s like in West Texas?

I don't want to speak for tx, and maybe things have changed , but they didn't fuck around about their football. Here on Fridays everything pretty much shuts down for games ,a few places stay open but it didn't used to be that way . Everyone went to games , if you didn't you weren't normal . Doesn't matter if it's a home or away game. The hs program here is very serious. They have won every conference title since it's been in existence except one , also the only conference game they have ever lost . This whole area is big on football like this , even the shit teams /schools are fanatical . Seriously some of these hs teams have better facilities than small div1 or any div 2 teams it's fucking insane . Good coaches get worshiped, as do some players . During the season the players get their asses kissed and can get away with almost anything .

fastnotch331 -
ChomskyBlackBelt -
fastnotch331 - Local hs plays in a college stadium , the attendance for the hs dwarfs the college teams . Fb is very serious here. Not as fanatical as west Texas ball , but not far from it .

Totally IN.

As a Canadian I find this really interesting. Could you explain what it’s like in West Texas?

I don't want to speak for tx, and maybe things have changed , but they didn't fuck around about their football. Here on Fridays everything pretty much shuts down for games ,a few places stay open but it didn't used to be that way . Everyone went to games , if you didn't you weren't normal . Doesn't matter if it's a home or away game. The hs program here is very serious. They have won every conference title since it's been in existence except one , also the only conference game they have ever lost . This whole area is big on football like this , even the shit teams /schools are fanatical . Seriously some of these hs teams have better facilities than small div1 or any div 2 teams it's fucking insane . Good coaches get worshiped, as do some players . During the season the players get their asses kissed and can get away with almost anything .

The players that get their assess kissed

how do teachers deal with them? Just pass them?

Evenin souther Illinois, football is big time..the entire town basically goes to the games, tailgates etc even if the team is average

Yamie Jagerbomb -
fastnotch331 -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

Totally IN.

The players that get their assess kissed

how do teachers deal with them? Just pass them?

Short answer ,if they like their jobs then yes.

In contrast, the least cool thing you could do in a Brooklyn high school was be on a team. "Yeah, go take showers with a bunch of other guys, fanook."

The basketball team is the coolest thing in Brooklyn HS, the least cool thing is to be an Italian who does not play a team sport.

Koga - 

The basketball team is the coolest thing in Brooklyn HS, the least cool thing is to be an Italian who does not play a team sport.

Basketball team is herb shit. The only good NBA players from Brooklyn were Chris Mullin and Stef Marbury.

Nobody gives a fuck about watching kids play sports. Basketball games are played in almost totally empty gyms.

I live in Dallas, TX.

There is a small town north of Dallas - Allen, TX, which has a $60 Million dollar 18,000 seat stadium for their high school team.

Yes, it is just as you would imagine.

Lancifer - I live in Dallas, TX.

There is a small town north of Dallas - Allen, TX, which has a $60 Million dollar 18,000 seat stadium for their high school team.

I used to live in Katy, TX. Their stadium was $72 million. 

Yes football is king here. Every Friday night revolved around football, either playing or watching. 

High school stadium in Allen, TX.

WRONG FORUM ASSHOLE

ChomskyBlackBelt -
fastnotch331 -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

Totally IN.

Fascinating.

Obviously, the closest thing to that in Canada is hockey. But reading posts like that and having talked to American friends from the south, football is a totally different thing in the states.

I’ve always thought that was very interesting.

Hockey in Canada doesn't even begin to approach texas HS football though.

The closest you get, is probably major junior, and that is compromised of basically kids that are drafted at 15 and it's for kids 16-20. It would be like if HS football in the US drafted all their potential professionals and threw them into a league where kids move across the country at age 16. Take all that, and even then their attendance isn't nearly as good!

Basically you're comparing the elite of the elite 16-20 year old kids in ALL of North America and even Europeans, and they still don't get as much play as just normal fucking HS football teams get in Texas.

ons ear - Evenin souther Illinois, football is big time..the entire town basically goes to the games, tailgates etc even if the team is average

I hope that the night prowler doesn't see this post and setup his shop in S. Illinois.

It really depends on the school and the area.

Your more rural towns tend to take it a lot more serious. A top level rural school will have a much more devout following than a top level city school. The city schools are better teams OVERALL (I know its not always the case) but the good rural areas worship their football teams.

It also has a lot to do with how good the program is.

Trust me, for every team that goes 10-2 or better every year, there is another team that goes 2-10 every year. And guess what, the 10-2 team is like varsity blues, and 2-10 team is like the mud dogs before bobby boucher.

Ive been to HS playoff games in the south where less than 150 fans show up, and ive been to HS regular season games in the south where more than 15k show up. It just depends on the program.

TexDeuce -

Yes football is king here. Every Friday night revolved around football, either playing or watching. 

High school stadium in Allen, TX.

Jesus Christ lol

I can say I grew up in a football town, small town in southern Indiana.  Athletes got As in some classes for showing up.  Always a place to party after games.  Senior year one of the parents would take his wife out of town so we could through a football party at his house (football players and chicks).  I think small town (outside of Texas) is the key for football fanaticism 

Texas has the most money but Florida has the most talent! Texas use to play Florida every year (all stars) Florida went 6-0 and texas changed its mind.

I might go to a high school rodeo or cheer leading competition but can imagine watching any other high school game.  I didn’t even go my kids games, let alone someone else’s.