Highlander Remake Script Is Done, Targets 2019

https://movieweb.com/highlander-reboot-2019-release-date-start-date-script/

Highlander Remake Script Is Done, Targets 2019 Release Date

RYAN SCOTT

The Highlander reboot finally has a script and Lionsgate is moving forward with the movie, as pre-production is set to begin in October. The project has been in development for nearly a decade, starting when Summit Entertainment picked up the rights to the project in 2008. Lionsgate has been in control of it for some time now, as the studio acquired Summit Entertainment in 2012. Now, after years in development hell, the studio has a script they're happy with. It looks like this movie is finally, actually happening.

According to a new report, the latest draft of the screenplay that satisfied the studio comes from Colony writer Ryan Condal. Quite a few writers have been attached to the project over the years, meaning there have been many drafts of this Highlander reboot. Prior to this draft from Condal, Ant-Man and the Wasp writers Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari were reportedly brought in to take a pass at it. It's unclear if Condal's draft is completely fresh, or if he reworked what Lionsgate already had. In any event, get ready for some actual movement on this Highlander movie in the near future. Patrick Wachsberger, Head of Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group, had this to say.

"We've finally got a screenplay we're happy with. We have set up the story so it has sequel potential."

There can be only one.

Awesome 

I watched this again recently and locations were pretty amazing.

As for part 2, remember the weird twins and flying skateboards?

I’m pretty sure Christopher Lambert will be available for this.

There's no time for us.
There's no place for us.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Who wants to live forever?
There's no chance for us.
It's all decided for us.
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us.

Who dares to love forever
When love must die?

But touch my tears with your lips,
Touch my world with your fingertips,

And we can have forever,
And we can love forever.
Forever is our today.

Forever is our today.

Who waits forever anyway?

This is one reboot I’m for...

with the all the sequels the story and loir got so fucked up, it would be nice if they went and made a film or two  where it all got straightened out

mada -

I’m tired of remakes. Still could be good with the right casting, but I’m guessing it won’t. Will probably be another girl power movie.

wouldn't be surprised if it has some kind of sjw star wars like change to it.

I preferred the TV series. Am I a bad person?

Soup Nazi - 

There can be only one.

First post wins again. There IS only one in my opinion.

Fucken LOVED the highlander series, movies and TV show.. TV show was my fav, only because it went into deep detail of how these people lived....

Remember the little kid that would kill people? Was one of the most powerful immortals but was very limited on what he can do, cause of his size!!!

We all know they will FUCK us with this movie, but I will cannot wait.. tranny muslim lead, named Margret MacLeod

Travis Fimmel should play the Highlander. If they do this right and have a kick was script and locations it could be amazing. 

Hopefully no SJW bullshit and make an excellent film. 

Meh,  ill watch it on Netflix

Shometimes you give them the lasht word and they're not happy with it. They want to be provocachiv. 

Skeletor68 -

I preferred the TV series. Am I a bad person?

No. It was great, sans the last season.

Dire - Fucken LOVED the highlander series, movies and TV show.. TV show was my fav, only because it went into deep detail of how these people lived....

Remember the little kid that would kill people? Was one of the most powerful immortals but was very limited on what he can do, cause of his size!!!

We all know they will FUCK us with this movie, but I will cannot wait.. tranny muslim lead, named Margret MacLeod

Kenny

DavidYorkshire -

The original was fine.

Hahahaha, "I hate you".

Soup Nazi -

There can be only one.

First post!!!

There have been persistent rumours of a so-called Highlander 'sequel' for decades now. I don't believe them.