Hikers. List 5 great hikes you’ve done !

I usually like secluded & unknown hikes. The ones with few people.

My List features very popular & busy hikes. Busy because 5 of the best hard day hikes

1. Half Dome , Yosemite NP. California

2. Angels landing , Zion NP. Utah

3. Flat Iron. Superstition Mountains Arizona

4. Jenny lake . Grand Tetons Wyoming

5. Mount Chapin, Chiquita, Ypsilon traverse. RMNP. Colorado

2 Likes

Gwillim Lakes and Drinnon Pass. Not a popular hike outside of the locals in my valley, but this is gorgeous, remote, and on this day when my wife and I did the 16 km round trip into the mountains right in our backyard, we did not see another soul over 15 hours or so of miandering through the mountains. A few pics from this glorious hike.....

I know, that one stupid ass pic is a total Darwin award winner, standing on the edge like those fucking idiots you read about falling over the edge of the Grand Canyon or something while taking a selfie. I'll never do that shit again because I always find myself shaking my head and saying "Fuckin dummy" when I read one of those stories. What a silly way to die.

Anyhow, great day, great hike. We did that one on my wife's birthday, and this year we'll do another one which is even cooler, up to Mount Gimli.... my wife's favorite hike. I'll get some pics, but that's going to be another month or so.

1 Like

1)hike up to the Mettelhorn summit from Zermatt(not to be confused with the Matterhorn, which this is a good training hike for)

2)to Titcomb Basin from Pinedale, WY(forget the name of trailhead)

3) Cascade Canyon in Grand Teton National Park

4)hike up to bonanza mine and ridge from Kennecott, AK

5) Katahdin via chimney pond, cathedral, knife's edge, and helon taylor loop.

Hard to pick a top 5, but off the top of my head those are some of my favorites

1 Like

not really a hiker but Unecessary Mountain kicked my ass

rhino x2 - I usually like secluded & unknown hikes. The ones with few people.

My List features very popular & busy hikes. Busy because 5 of the best hard day hikes

Pics brutha, pics!?

1 Like

Mnt Wilson CA from bottom of the trail, damn grueling as I was out of shape at the time

Devils punch bowl, CA during night hikes with rangers placed throughout the trail

Mnt Apo, Philippines 

Hiked around Colorado River when I was in the scouts, kayaking. Amazing scenery.

Joshua tree park day before and after various meteor showers 

from the lower parking lot in garibaldi provincial park to black tusk... an amazing shake peak standing above the valley. You can climb up the shale chimneys to stand on top... sketchy and 12+ hrs round trip. To be on top was epic

Joffre Lakes in the winter. Snow and epic lake beauty 

![](upload://wukWjXUcZhr3dvBF0rA8HoQnXyq.jpeg)

2 Likes

between the 2nd and 3rd peaks on stawamish chief, there's a crazy set of iron steps hammered into the granite. instead of taking the long trail around, you can climb them and then grab a chain for security as you walk the narrow ledge to hit the 2nd peak. Pretty cool - minor risk 

1 Like

i like mtn biking way better because you can go further, see more, and you get adrenaline on the downhillsbut a couple of trails I hiked thatwere amazing:

1. na pali coast trail in Hawaii

2. Pipeline in Panama, 12 mile trail through the rainforest kept open by the smithsonian for jungle study

2 Likes

Im in the UK, so

1. National 3 peak challenge (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon, the 3 highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales respectively in under 24 hours inc travel)

2. Yorkshire 3 peak challenge (Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, the 3 highest peaks in Yorkshire in under 12 hours)

3. Jacks Rake - Grade 1 scramble up Pavey Ark in the Lake District (Langdale pikes)

4. Helvelyn - up Striding Edge which is a Grade 1 scramble and down Swirral Edge another Grade 1 scramble

5. Langdale pikes Horseshoe - A lengthy walk in the Lake District that includes 7 summits

1 Like

![](upload://s3zOWljSydDuhYPeYNNmyIOESyy.jpeg)

Last week Holand Lake Montana

2 Likes
rhino x2 - I usually like secluded & unknown hikes. The ones with few people.

Half Dome is #1

Presidential traverse. NH. Hard, and beautiful scenery 

If you have a few days, West Coast trail on Vancouver Island should be on your bucket list.

1 Like

Cirque of Towers, Wyoming.

1 Like

I’m visiting Phoenix where should I go? Flatiron looks nice. 

1 Like
Wayne Glamcock - 

Joffre Lakes in the winter. Snow and epic lake beauty 

![](upload://wukWjXUcZhr3dvBF0rA8HoQnXyq.jpeg)

i’ve done both of these amazing, black tusk was a long day

Joffrey lake in comparison was a walk in the park

BC has some of the nicest places to hike

i have done cape scott on the island, west coast trail

3 brother mountain in Manning used to be one of my favorites

1 Like

I walked to the mailbox yesterday. It's at least 50 yards. 

1 Like

The Maryland Heights hike to put you above Harper's Ferry was a recent beautiful one we did.  Lord I am out of shape.  2 hours straight up, and an hour straight down.