Hilarity of Reebok bashing post on homepage

I noticed there was no comment section on that article (it just links back to the Anderson Aldo thread) so I figured I'd start one.

How does this site have the nerve to call out Reebok on typos and fighter misidentification? I get the posters doing it, or even individual mods chiming in, but even that article had typos in it that should have been caught.

I get that Reebok is a much larger company with greater resources, but that just makes the errors here less excusable since MMA is the primary focus. There's been a bunch of instances of the wrong picture, record, etc. being posted on the fighter's bio page here.

I am in no way defending Reebok, but I just don't get how this site can call out any other company for being lazy and unprofessional with some of the stuff that goes unaddressed here.

Agreed OP, I thought the same thing. Phone Post 3.0

There's a huge difference between printing out Anderson Aldo shirts and making typos on website posts Phone Post 3.0

10er4life - There's a huge difference between printing out Anderson Aldo shirts and making typos on website posts Phone Post 3.0

Was it Chris Beal that had the white guy's picture in the profile for months? Is that a big enough error to compare the two?

Apples and oranges.

Fabes - 

Apples and oranges.

If a rotten apple calls a rotten orange garbage, it's still a hypocrite.

Did anyone actually get an Anderson Aldo shirt?

That is the first shirt (or "kit"?!?!) that I would have actually shelled out 35 to have. Good conversation piece in the future. Phone Post 3.0

choadler - Did anyone actually get an Anderson Aldo shirt?

That is the first shirt (or "kit"?!?!) that I would have actually shelled out 35 to have. Good conversation piece in the future. Phone Post 3.0

Like a Muhammad Tyson or Mike Ali shirt?

You got to be shitting me... A type-o on a internet blog site is a little different then a shirt going into production from a design company. Phone Post 3.0

choadler - Did anyone actually get an Anderson Aldo shirt?

Would pay multiples for a Giblert shirt. Phone Post 3.0

HelloFresh - You got to be shitting me... A type-o on a internet blog site is a little different then a shirt going into production from a design company. Phone Post 3.0

It's not just typos (although if I was going to write an article about people making typos, I'd proofread it before posting). I've seen wrong nicknames and fighter pics plenty of times here. If Reebok did the same, we'd all bash them, right?

Not saying this site completely sucks or anything, and not saying Reebok isn't awful for the way they've botched this, but Kirik shouldn't be calling any pots black in a homepage article. It just look hypocritical when they make similar errors without the excuse of being a major corporation that treats MMA as an afterthought.

Death Beast -
HelloFresh - You got to be shitting me... A type-o on a internet blog site is a little different then a shirt going into production from a design company. Phone Post 3.0

It's not just typos (although if I was going to write an article about people making typos, I'd proofread it before posting). I've seen wrong nicknames and fighter pics plenty of times here. If Reebok did the same, we'd all bash them, right?

Not saying this site completely sucks or anything, and not saying Reebok isn't awful for the way they've botched this, but Kirik shouldn't be calling any pots black in a homepage article. It just look hypocritical when they make similar errors without the excuse of being a major corporation that treats MMA as an afterthought.
These are 2 very different issues. For one the ug is incredible for the sport and a place that fans can talk and get information (and horse shit gossip) ... Reebok is a world wide apparel brand that said is trying to help grow the sport.. But yet continue to act like the sport is a second tier organization. You think they would ever make these mistakes if it was the NFL? I can now understand why the founder of cross fit has nothing positive to say about Reebok. It really is incredible insulting to the fans of the sport to clearly not have a fan helping with the MMA side Phone Post 3.0

When literally any single one of us could do better than a multi billion dollar company, there's a few glaring issues to be looked at. Phone Post 3.0

HelloFresh is right. The two issues you are comparing have such different implications that the real hilarity is trying to compare the two as if the have an equal impact. Phone Post 3.0

HelloFresh - 
Death Beast -

These are 2 very different issues. For one the ug is incredible for the sport and a place that fans can talk and get information (and horse shit gossip) ... Reebok is a world wide apparel brand that said is trying to help grow the sport.. But yet continue to act like the sport is a second tier organization. You think they would ever make these mistakes if it was the NFL? I can now understand why the founder of cross fit has nothing positive to say about Reebok. It really is incredible insulting to the fans of the sport to clearly not have a fan helping with the MMA side Phone Post 3.0

I understand the whole part of this not being a direct comparison. In no way am I saying "Hey, this site is a major apparel brand and they do the same mistakes". If that's your counter argument to the original post, you're wasting your time.

What I am saying is that this particular article seems hypocritical for nitpicking Reebok's mistakes when this site makes plenty of similar mistakes as well. Just because it isn't as successful as Reebok doesn't mean they get to bash another company that makes the same mistakes they do on a larger scale, unless they're doing so in a self deprecating way (i.e. Did you see what Reebok did? And we thought we were bad). Can they laugh at it in threads? Sure. Should they be posting homepage articles with typos in it that criticize Reebok? IMO, no.

BobSalvage - HelloFresh is right. The two issues you are comparing have such different implications that the real hilarity is trying to compare the two as if the have an equal impact. Phone Post 3.0

So if a no name fighter that is boring criticizes a well known fighter that is boring, that isn't hypocritical because the more known fighter is boring more people?

If you laugh at someone for doing something, while you do similar things, then you're a hypocrite as defined anywhere but here apparently.

Death Beast -
HelloFresh - 
Death Beast -

I understand the whole part of this not being a direct comparison. In no way am I saying "Hey, this site is a major apparel brand and they do the same mistakes". If that's your counter argument to the original post, you're wasting your time.

What I am saying is that this particular article seems hypocritical for nitpicking Reebok's mistakes when this site makes plenty of similar mistakes as well. Just because it isn't as successful as Reebok doesn't mean they get to bash another company that makes the same mistakes they do on a larger scale, unless they're doing so in a self deprecating way (i.e. Did you see what Reebok did? And we thought we were bad). Can they laugh at it in threads? Sure. Should they be posting homepage articles with typos in it that criticize Reebok? IMO, no.
The thing is it is not nitpicking. They are putting out shirt that have incorrect names on them of 2 of the greatest fighters of all time. I would say that for hardcore and casual fans to consider this unacceptable is completely understandable. Phone Post 3.0

I'm looking forward to my Frankie McGregor shirt Phone Post 3.0

Ad-hominem IMO. The errors of this site are a different discussion all together. The article's validity (and the decision to include the article) should not be questioned or judged in relation to the history of this website. Phone Post 3.0

HelloFresh - 
Death Beast -
HelloFresh - 
Death Beast -

The thing is it is not nitpicking. They are putting out shirt that have incorrect names on them of 2 of the greatest fighters of all time. I would say that for hardcore and casual fans to consider this unacceptable is completely understandable. Phone Post 3.0

It is understandable. Just like it's understandable when people call this site on their errors. What's not understandable is this site calling out that site on similar errors. This wasn't just a random thread by Kirik; he posted it on the homepage like it was a news article. The article was actually about Reebok apologizing for their mistake, but he had to bring up a bunch of other mistakes that they've made before getting to that and acting like those mistakes could only have been made because they don't care about MMA. So what's this site's excuse for similar errors with fighter profiles?