Hioki dominates Marlon Sandro

According to sherdog pbp hioki completely controlled the fight.

Will Hioki finally get some time in the spotlight?

Would love to see him with omigawa fight some ufc fw.

From sherdog.

TOKYO -- In a career-defining fight, Hatsu Hioki put on a 25-minute virtuoso performance against heavy-hitting Brazilian Marlon Sandro to take the Sengoku Raiden Championship featherweight title via unanimous decision at SRC's 'Soul of Fight' Thursday night at Ariake Coliseum.

Hioki was dominant in all phases: in the first round, he used his prodigious reach to land both strong jabs and kicks, but was also able to take Sandro's back briefly. Over the first half of the bout, Hioki's superior reach and movement allowed him to outland and counter the aggressive Brazilian, who sought to land the kind of heavy blows that put both Tomonari Kanomata and Masanori Kanehara on stretchers in less than a minute combined earlier this year.

Hioki's attack tired Sandro, and by the third round, Hioki seemed to have entirely figured out his foe's timing on the feet. It was at that point that Hioki put the pedal to the floor. Hioki took the Nova Uniao black belt down and punished him with punches on top, before locking up a tight straight armbar that nearly popped the champion's elbow.

The fifth and final round was Hioki's finest. While defending a Sandro takedown attempt, Hioki pinned the champion's arm behind his back in a hammerlock, which he used to transition into a kimura and a fully-extended armbar. The submissions were so tight that Sandro's veins bulged as he held on, but he refused to tap. Sandro made it to the final bell, consoled only by cheers from the appreciative Ariake Coliseum crowd.

is sengoku live on hdnet?

derp i didnt read to wasted

damn, sounds like Sandro got completely schooled-- I definitely didn't see that one coming

Hioki is very underated.

When you have almost 30 fights, and havent been finished once, your pretty tough!

Very impressive win vs Sandro!

no one ever talks about hioki, but he is quite literally one of the very best fighters in the world. glad to see him get a big win like this and i hope there'll be more to follow

I'm a big Sandro fan but, Hioki is a ufcking warrior. Never thought Marlon would get schooled so badly.

I want to see the video!

i cannot wait to see video of this....i guess it clears up the whole issue of Aldo and Sandro fighting, as well....since it would no longer be a #1 vs #2 fight

Damn! Surprise result for me as I picked Sandro to win. Always knew Hioki was tough didn't expect such a domination. Good effort. I love it when I'm wrong. Phone Post

Hioki is SICK.

BTW, I just watched Kanehara vs Maeda and it was a BS stoppage.

Great fight though.

Damn spoilers in title!!! I didn't think the event happened yet. Put it is as something like this "Hioki vs Sandro - Surprising Results".

Hioki is a tough mofo!

Junior Jr - Video is up of thefight. Am I allowed to say where?

Yes, please do.

Yes i did. I dont have to post like you do to let the world know everytime i care about something.

I was actually really bummed because I wanted to see omigawa vs bibano first.

Omigawa was pretty mad at dream for the booking and signed with wec.

I followed that story closely.

Kakkarotto_san - 
Junior Jr - Video is up of thefight. Am I allowed to say where?

Yes, please do.

Shogun121 - Yes i did. I dont have to post like you do to let the world know everytime i care about something.

I was actually really bummed because I wanted to see omigawa vs bibano first.

Omigawa was pretty mad at dream for the booking and signed with wec.

I followed that story closely.

Not meaning to be funny dude but Omigawa has never signed with the WEC. It was the UFC as a lightweight, and then he only re signed with Zuffa when the UFC brought the lower divisions in, so again signed as a UFC fighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC4sSzbxBbI

awesome fight!