Hirohito? Um.....

Did anybody see the video for this guy on Raw? Apparently he's a Japanese wrestler (I hear it's Kenzo Suzuki) who's still pissed off about World War 2. lol

I like that they're introducing a lot of new talent (this guy, Mordecai, Tyson Tomko), but this gimmick would seem to be doomed from the start.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Tomko is Bane from OVW.

What an unbelievably lame concept...a guy who is so pissed off about something that happened 60 years ago that he must become a professional wrestler to avenge his ancestors.

Man, I can just see the WWE creative team lately..."We have to get back to the things that people used to like about wrestling, so lets..."

*Make Bradshaw into the Million Dollar Man

*Make Mark Jindrak into "The Narcissist"

*Create a rivalry with an ethnic group...An Iron Sheik like character would hit too close to home right now, so how about Yokozuna?

*Need a tag team like The Mounties...someone who can say "Stoopeeed Americans"--La Resistance should do it.

*Re-package the 4 Horseman, get Evolution

*Shave Molly's head, have her wear an obvious wig and run out everytime it gets pulled off...worked for Kurt Angle.

*Kane making sacrifices, like the Undertaker did in his group

Etc. Etc. Etc....Mordecai should be fun to watch, the crowd will either completely mark out and he will be the next Undertaker type character OR he will get no response and end up looking pathetic as he does his gimmick on Heat or Velocity. Characters like that, with fantasy costumes and "powers" need a 100% push...if they don't get a great push it is just so awkward to see them all dressed up and losing to Scotty 2 Hotty.

"if they don't get a great push it is just so awkward to see them all dressed up and losing to Scotty 2 Hotty."

That is soooo true. LOL

Great post RyanJ!

I strongly believe it's Kenzo.