Hirota/Damm = WHY OCTOGONS ARE DUMB FOR MMA

I'm not taking anything away from Damm, he fought a good fight, but I hate when one fighter is trying to use pressure and because there are no corners the other fighter can skate freely around the ring without consequence. It's one of the reasons I think footwork is so poor in MMA, you don't need it as much. It weakens combinations, and almost nullifies pressure fighting.

The octogon is just another reason The UFC will always be < PRIDE.

The ring had more problems than the octAgon has. Getting thrown through the ropes, re starting in center of ring and its fine tuned for strikers. Bjj and all grappling suffers in a cage Phone Post

andyman011 - The ring had more problems than the octAgon has. Getting thrown through the ropes, re starting in center of ring and its fine tuned for strikers. Bjj and all grappling suffers in a cage Phone Post

Suffers in a ring* Phone Post

andyman011 - 
andyman011 - The ring had more problems than the octAgon has. Getting thrown through the ropes, re starting in center of ring and its fine tuned for strikers. Bjj and all grappling suffers in a cage Phone Post

I agree that wrestling suffers in a ring, but I wouldn't say bjj does at all. How many times have you seen a guy not be able to attempt a submission because he's massed against the cage(the same cage that is fine for a guy to use to aid a takedown, but illegal to use to prevent one).

Pugilist82 -
andyman011 - 

I agree that wrestling suffers in a ring, but I wouldn't say bjj does at all. How many times have you seen a guy not be able to attempt a submission because he's massed against the cage(the same cage that is fine for a guy to use to aid a takedown, but illegal to use to prevent one).

The idea of it being a cage is just so the spectators can view. In an idealistic world it would be a wall with a mat on it. Either way, the cage can help you get up and also avoid a takedown Phone Post