Hit 500lbs on squats today

And my asshole didn't fall out, so all in all it was a pretty good day. 

I have a loyal spotter who will shove it back up there until I get my requested number of reps though 

That sounds unnecessary 

You’re husky fat ....I wouldn’t be bragging bro 

Congrats! How many squats did you do to add up to 500lbs?

125 x 4?

dios -

?????? 240 in that pic from 7 years ago, I'm 210 now 

TFK_likatiga -

Congrats! How many squats did you do to add up to 500lbs?

125 x 4?

Nah, one pump in your 500lb mom should count, right? My technique was flawless

mihow -
NastyNate420 -
dios -

its a forum poster joke: karusa, calls everyone husky fat

Fuck, I've been out of the game too long, you know, living life and fucking real live females and all

When you can bench it you'll get a bluename 

Congrats op thats a lot of weight. How long have you been lifting?

Not bad..i did 501

Eggbert - 

Nicely done man. Now a word of caution. I’ve been squatting heavy for years. I’m now 41 and my entire lumbar vertebrae I have severe arthritis. I also have 3 trashed disks and sciatica. Majority of it is from heavy squatting. I also have some cervical issues from having so much weight on there. I’d caughtion you to drastically lower the weight as you get older. If I make it to my 60’s I’ll be crippled but I will damn well still be in the gym 

I've been using a manta ray (when going heavy) for the last 5 years ever since I had a similar issue. Also haven't done that amount since. I kinda fell off on squats during all of that downtime.

NastyNate420 -
dios -

Still got the shirt?

new pic in same shirt pls.

Eggbert -

Nicely done man. Now a word of caution. I’ve been squatting heavy for years. I’m now 41 and my entire lumbar vertebrae I have severe arthritis. I also have 3 trashed disks and sciatica. Majority of it is from heavy squatting. I also have some cervical issues from having so much weight on there. I’d caughtion you to drastically lower the weight as you get older. If I make it to my 60’s I’ll be crippled but I will damn well still be in the gym 

This makes me sad.

Is this common even if you're lifting with good form?

NastyNate420 -
mihow -
NastyNate420 -
dios -

its a forum poster joke: karusa, calls everyone husky fat

Fuck, I've been out of the game too long, you know, living life and fucking real live females and all

At least now you can promise to carry one of them over the threshold one day!

I wanted to squat 500 one day but 375 for 5 is most I've gotten. That also felt like a lot of weight to have on my shoulders and I don't think I'll ever squat real heavy again due to stories like eggberts

I don't feel the same about deadlifting for some reason.

NastyNate420 -

And my asshole didn't fall out, so all in all it was a pretty good day. 

Your back and knees will thank you when you get older. Take it from me. Keep squatting heavy. It’s good for your body.

Congrats

ryans -
Eggbert -

This makes me sad.

Well, you have to consider that once you start regularly squatting 400-500 + and do it for years you are putting a load on your body that humans weren't really designed to handle regularly.  If you go that heavy for that long, yea, your joints and spine are probably going to get some hurting going on eventually.

Those are weights that 99.9% of the human population will never lift even once.  He's talking about doing it for years.

Hurtsogood -
ryans -
Eggbert -

This makes me sad.

Well, you have to consider that once you start regularly squatting 400-500 + and do it for years you are putting a load on your body that humans weren't really designed to handle regularly.  If you go that heavy for that long, yea, your joints and spine are probably going to get some hurting going on eventually.

Those are weights that 99.9% of the human population will never lift even once.  He's talking about doing it for years.

I very rarely go above 405, my focus is more on getting 225 and 315 for reps. I do a pyramid... bar for 25-30, plate for 18-22, 2 plates for 12-15, 3 plates for 5-10, 4 plates for 3-5... Then back down to one plate. Every once in awhile I get a wild hair up my ass and put another plate on, if I'm feeling REALLY good. 

I also do a shit load of stretching post workout 5x a week. I take glucosamine and chondroitin as well and only do weighted squats once a week, my other leg day is all plyo. I listen to my body and go easy when it tellls me to, but I'm only 29 so I'll get back to you in 12 years, haha.