HK416/417 Build Club

Get those HK mags and parts while you can.

My firearm customers have told me that there is a likelihood the Biden administration is looking to ban "assault" rifles and magazines from being imported.

And that it would include the SP5 and similar firearms.

PatK -

Get those HK mags and parts while you can.

My firearm customers have told me that there is a likelihood the Biden administration is looking to ban "assault rifles and magazines from being imported.

And that it would include the SP5 and similar firearms.

When the dust settles on the run on guns and ammo, HK parts will still be expensive as fock.

Forgot to finish my thoughts. I agree with the above assessment that they will make importing parts more difficult. Hopefully they can’t slow down online ordering beyond that. I’ve definitely been picking up hard to find parts when they are available at close to MSRP. My initial thought was having spare parts for my build, but obviously one of the reasons why people pay so much for HK parts, is the reliability and reduced wear on the parts…SO, now thinking to sell the extra parts I have to offset the high prices I paid in the beginning.

2 Likes

That’s sick!

1 Like

I would suggest keeping an extra of the high wear items like the bolt etc. Bolt wear because of increased carrier speed, and the way it interfaces with the lugs is actually fairly increased on piston guns vs DI systems. Coupled with the difficulty of getting them on a instant demand basis… It makes having a spare tucked away a good idea

1 Like

Awwww yeah! It pains me seeing an olight on there though lol.

You know, I started hating the Olight immediately after throwing on the new slide, LOL. But I bet if I upgrade the light, I’m going to have to get the long slide…oh lawd.

For spares I got the Brownells barrel and bolt, tungsten buffer, recoil, ALG/ACT trigger, firing pin and spring, piston and rings – still need an extra op-rod and an authentic barrel.

I think it was you who suggested that I get the NA barrel early on, right? If you had to choose between a MR556 barrel, or a NA barrel, which would you go with? Difference in accuracy doesn’t seem to be an issue from the reports I’ve read…but still having a hard time believing that Marvin can match or outdo H&K, chrome-lined or not.

Got the 11" in from Brownells – reviews are spot on, it’s definitely NOT black…but for half the price, I can dig it.

1 Like

MMmmm just ordered a threaded barrel and Aimpoint Acro for the VP9. Keep thinkin’ I’m done but nope.

1 Like

thread

1 Like

That’s pretty

1 Like

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/buffer-tube-parts/buffer-tubes/ar-15-hk416-carbine-buffer-tube-sku760001485-75925-149461.aspx

1 Like

Best worst hobbie ever :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Ordered another upper without bushing from Brownells and they canceled it and marked them discontinued on their site. Just reordered one with the bushing. Let’s see how that goes

1 Like

Good investment. The people at HKPro are probably buying handfuls as Brownells slowly bleeds out of parts. Those guys are like “I just picked up 5 more lowers just in case”

1 Like

I figured HK Haus cleaned them out since they have a bunch of bushings.

Now I just need to find an OP Rod

1 Like

Call H&K CS because I got an op-rod from MGW the other day so hopefully they have a few at the warehouse. Also if you have time once a day, browse the OOS section of 416/417 parts at MGW. That’s how I found the op-rod in stock before someone bought them all…probably HK Haus again or Nefarious.