"hobo" skull nickels

these things are awesome looking

Where to buy? Phone Post 3.0

A bunch on ebay, that is where i got the pics from Phone Post 3.0

These are real minted like this or what Phone Post 3.0

Wow those are great. They aren't authentic currency though right? As in printed like that? Phone Post 3.0

JustPeed - Wow those are great. They aren't authentic currency though right? As in printed like that? Phone Post 3.0
In other words they are altered coins and not pressed like that Phone Post 3.0

Isn't that considered defacing, and illegal? Phone Post 3.0

Amos Moses - Isn't that considered defacing, and illegal? Phone Post 3.0
Was gonna post this. Phone Post 3.0

The_KoJ -
Amos Moses - Isn't that considered defacing, and illegal? Phone Post 3.0
Was gonna post this. Phone Post 3.0
I think so technically. Unless they weren't actually made from real nickels bit just made to look like they are. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know about the USA but in Canada it is illegal to deface a coin or note with the intent of making it unusable. As long as your intent is not to destroy the coin/note so it cannot be used it isn't illegal to write on it or alter it.

No one in Canada has ever been prosecuted for defacing a coin/note.

As an aside, destroying currency actually strengthens the value of the remaining currency in circulation...in theory.

Treasury Office is surprisingly touchy about this kind of thing. Phone Post 3.0

Dougie -

I don't know about the USA but in Canada it is illegal to deface a coin or note with the intent of making it unusable. As long as your intent is not to destroy the coin/note so it cannot be used it isn't illegal to write on it or alter it.

As an aside, destroying currency actually strengthens the value of the remaining currency in circulation...in theory.

I am single handedly responsible for inflation. I have prolly vaccumed up a million dollars in pennys Phone Post 3.0

JustPeed - Wow those are great. They aren't authentic currency though right? As in printed like that? Phone Post 3.0
They a retail coins that are etched Phone Post 3.0

Real, not retail Phone Post 3.0

MountainMedic - 
Dougie -

I am single handedly responsible for inflation. I have prolly vaccumed up a million dollars in pennys Phone Post 3.0

Canada got rid of the penny last year. I miss them.

MountainMedic - Treasury Office is surprisingly touchy about this kind of thing. Phone Post 3.0
the laws are there for counterfeiting. I don't see the govt prosecuting someone for engraving an old nickel. Phone Post 3.0

Dougie -
MountainMedic - 
Dougie -

Canada got rid of the penny last year. I miss them.

They suck. I have to dig through them to get to the money. Phone Post 3.0

eBay links .... Lazy shopper Phone Post 3.0

lormpino - eBay links .... Lazy shopper Phone Post 3.0
I kid...

So these are one of a kind ??

Hand carved? Awesome on eBay

Im buying one Phone Post 3.0